|Elevation||1,400 m (4,600 ft)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Bududa is located approximately 23 kilometres (14 mi), by road, southeast of Mbale, the largest city in the sub-region. This location lies approximately 263 kilometres (163 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the capital of Uganda, and the largest city in the country. The town is located within Mount Elgon National Park. The coordinates of Bududa town are:01 00 36N, 34 19 54S (Latitude:1.0100; 34.3315).
Bududa is situated at 1,300 metres (4,300 ft) above sea level, inside the Mt Elgon Range.
In 2002, the national population census estimated the population of the town at about 3,000. The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS), estimated the town population at 4,000 in 2010. In 2011, UBOS estimated the population of Bududa at 4,200.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of town:
- The headquarters of Bududa District Administration
- The offices of Bududa Town Council
- Bududa Hospital - A 120 bed public hospital, administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Bududa Vocational Academy - The academy trains elementary school drop-outs in skills such as bricklaying, pottery, sewing, nursery teacher training and other basic vocational activities.
- Bududa Central Market
- A Village Bank (Manjiya SACCO)
- A Post Office
- Babukusu Ibududa kingdom located near bulucheke s/c headed by His Royal Highness Umuhungu Joseph Kanyanya wash
- Namasho bull fighting grounds at bulucheke secondary school
- A mobile branch of PostBank Uganda
- "Road Distance Between Mbale And Bududa With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Map Showing Kampala And Bududa With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Estimated Population of Bududa In 2002, 2010 & 2011" (PDF). Uganda Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Odeke, Julius (18 January 2013). "Obote’s Ex-Works Minister, Engineer Abner Nangwale Has Died". The Independent (Uganda). Retrieved 30 May 2014.