|Studio album by Bad Company|
|Released||3 March 1977|
|Recorded||July–August 1976 at Château d'Hérouville, Hérouville, France|
Swan Song (NA)
|Bad Company chronology|
Burnin' Sky was recorded in France at Château d'Hérouville in July and August 1976 with future Rolling Stones engineer Chris Kimsey but its release was delayed until March 1977 as to not compete with the band's then-current album Run with the Pack.
The album peaked at a disappointing (compared to their previous albums) No. 15 on the Billboard's Pop Albums chart but was the band's fourth consecutive US Gold certified album.
The album's only charting single was the title cut which peaked at No. 78 on the singles chart.
The album was remastered and re-released in 1994.
In the movie Almost Famous, the fictitious band Stillwater's first tee shirt is strikingly similar to the Burnin' Sky album cover.
All songs by Paul Rodgers unless otherwise noted.
- "Burnin' Sky" – 5:09
- "Morning Sun" – 4:07
- "Leaving You" – 3:23
- "Like Water" (Paul Rodgers, Machiko Shimizu) – 4:18
- "Knapsack" – 1:20 (a short studio one take of "The Happy Wanderer" originally listed LP as "intro" to "Everything I Need")
- "Everything I Need" (Paul Rodgers/Mick Ralphs/Simon Kirke/Boz Burrell) – 3:22
- "Heartbeat" – 2:36
- "Peace of Mind" (Simon Kirke) – 3:22
- "Passing Time" – 2:30
- "Too Bad" (Mick Ralphs*) – 3:47
- "Man Needs Woman" – 3:43
- "Master of Ceremony" (Paul Rodgers/Mick Ralphs/Simon Kirke/Boz Burrell) – 7:10
- "Too Bad" is listed as being a Mick Ralphs composition on both the b-side of the 7" single "Everything I Need" and on the Original Bad Company Anthology liner notes. CD versions list the song as a Paul Rodgers composition.
- Paul Rodgers – vocals, guitar, piano, accordion
- Mick Ralphs– guitar, keyboards
- Simon Kirke – drums
- Boz Burrell – bass
Album – Billboard (North America)
Singles – Billboard (North America)
|1977||"Burnin' Sky"||Pop Singles||78|
- The CD version lists the track "Burnin' Sky" as 5:19, though it is actually 5:09.
- The CD version lists the track "Morning Sun" as 3:57, though it is actually 4:07.
- The CD version lists the track "Too Bad" as 3:47, though it is actually 3:52.