California State Route 115
|Defined by S&HC § 415|
|Maintained by Caltrans|
|Length:||35.24 mi (56.71 km)|
|South end:||I‑8 near Holtville|
|North end:||SR 111 in Calipatria|
State Route 115 (SR 115) is a state highway in the U.S. state of California. It runs from Interstate 8 southeast of Holtville to Calipatria in Imperial County. SR 115's direction is not determined by its curves unlike most highways; rather the route turns at several 90-degree intersections.
The route begins with an interchange at Interstate 8. It then heads northward and briefly enters Holtville. Near its exit of the city, it intersects a few county roads before beginning an overlap with SR 78. Upon leaving, it intersects CR 26. After a few miles, it reaches its north end at Calipatria at SR 111.
The segment south of SR 78 was altered in 1972 after its definition in 1963. The segment between I-8 south to SR 98 near Bonds Corner was deleted, and the definition was clarified from "Route 8 near Holtville" to "Route 8 southeasterly of Holtville". The northern segment was also defined in 1963, but it remains as it was established.
Except where prefixed with a letter, postmiles were measured on the road as it was in 1964, based on the alignment that existed at the time, and do not necessarily reflect current mileage. R reflects a realignment in the route since then, M indicates a second realignment, L refers an overlap due to a correction or change, and T indicates postmiles classified as temporary (for a full list of prefixes, see the list of postmile definitions). Segments that remain unconstructed or have been relinquished to local control may be omitted. The entire route is in Imperial County.
|R3.20||I‑8 – San Diego, Yuma||Interchange|
|9.54||CR S80 west (Evan Hewes Highway) – El Centro, San Diego|
|CR S28 (Worthington Road) – Imperial|
|SR 78 east – Glamis, Palo Verde, Blythe||South end of SR 78 overlap; former CR S78 east|
|SR 78 west – Holtville, Brawley||North end of SR 78 overlap|
|25.99||CR S26 (Rutherford Road)|
|Calipatria||35.24||SR 111 (Sorenson Avenue) – Brawley, Niland, Indio|
|35.24||CR S30 (Main Street)||Continuation beyond SR 111|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Indicates that the postmile represents the distance along SR 78 rather than SR 115.
- January 1, 2006 California Log of Bridges on State Highways
- CA Codes (shc:250-257)
- CA Codes (shc:260-284)
- "Officially Designated State Scenic Highways and Historic Parkways". California Department of Transportation. December 7, 2007. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- Faigin, Daniel P. "California Highways: Routes 113 through 120". Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- Staff. "State Truck Route List" (XLS file). California Department of Transportation. Retrieved August 21, 2012.
- California Department of Transportation, Log of Bridges on State Highways, July 2007
- California Department of Transportation, All Traffic Volumes on CSHS, 2006