|Directed by||Pablo Trapero|
|Produced by||Pablo Trapero
Martina Gusmán (executive producer)
|Written by||Alejandro Fadel
|Edited by||Ezequiel Borovinsky
|Distributed by||Buena Vista International|
|Running time||107 minutes|
Carancho is a 2010 Argentine crime film directed by Pablo Trapero and starring Ricardo Darín and Martina Gusmán. It was entered into the Un Certain Regard section of the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. The film was selected as the Argentine entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 83rd Academy Awards, but it did not make the final shortlist.
Sosa is a lawyer recently expelled from the bar association who works as an ambulance chaser - known as "Carancho" in Argentina - touring the emergency departments of the public hospitals and the police stations, in search of potential clients for his barely legal law firm. One night he meets Luján, a young doctor recently arrived from the provinces trying to get an internship as a surgeon. The two start a romantic relationship that is threatened when Sosa breaks his bond with his corrupt boss. When Sosa is about to get back his attorney registration, and while making amends for his bad deeds, he and Luján are attacked by former partners of the firm, initiating an escalation of violence.
- Ricardo Darín as Sosa
- Martina Gusmán as Luján
- Carlos Weber as El Perro
- José Luis Arias as Casal
- Fabio Ronzano as Pico
- Loren Acuña as Mariana
- Gabriel Almirón as Muñoz
- José Manuel Espeche as Garrido
- List of submissions to the 83rd Academy Awards for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Argentine submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
- "Festival de Cannes: Carancho". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
- "Defending Champ Argentina Submits 'Carancho' to Oscars". thewrap.com. Retrieved 2010-10-01.
- "9 Foreign Language Films Continue to Oscar® Race". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- Official website
- Carancho at the Internet Movie Database
- Carancho at Box Office Mojo
- Carancho at Rotten Tomatoes
- Carancho at AllMovie