|Industry||Real Estate Development|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, United States of America|
|Rick J. Caruso
Founder and CEO
Caruso Affiliated Holdings LLC is one of the largest, privately held real estate companies in the United States, with a portfolio of retail and mixed-use properties that draw tens of millions of guests each year.
The company provides real estate development services in Southern California. Its development portfolio includes shopping, entertainment, and residential destinations. The company also develops parks, promenades, fountains, and plazas integrated with a retail environment; mixed-use developments that feature a blend of shopping, dining, and entertainment with residential living; shopping centers; outdoor retail and dining destinations that feature a host of quaint shops and restaurants; and lifestyle centers that offer casual living, dining, and shopping features.
Caruso Affiliated develops, owns and manages properties such as The Grove at Farmers Market in Los Angeles, the Americana at Brand in Glendale, CA, The Commons at Calabasas, The Promenade at Westlake and the Marina Waterside. In November 2012, Caruso opened a new luxury, mixed-use residential and commercial property called 8500 Burton Way.
Caruso Affiliated’s other developments include:
Caruso Affiliated properties have won awards for design and development, including the 1997 Golden Nugget Grand Award for the Promenade at Westlake, in the Best Commercial Project for Retail category; ICSC’s 22nd and 24th International Design and Development Awards, the first in 1998 for The Promenade at Westlake and the second in 2000 for The Commons at Calabasas; the Urban Land Institute’s Award for Excellence for The Commons at Calabasas in 1999 and The Grove at Farmers Market in 2003; and ICSC’s Gold Award in the 2009 United States Design and Development Award Competition for The Americana at Brand.
Annually, Caruso Affiliated grants the Spirit of American Youth Scholarship to two eligible graduating high school seniors from the San Fernando and San Gabriel Valleys. Candidates for the Caruso Affiliated Spirit of American Youth Scholarship are required to show academic potential, demonstrate contributions they've made to their communities, and describe how they would invest in their communities to create a better future.
- Martin Moodie. "Shilla/ARI bid for LAX duty free gets Rick Caruso endorsement". The Moodie Report. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "Caruso Affiliated Holdings LLC". InsideView. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- "Company Overview of Caruso Affiliated Holdings LLC". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved April 29, 2013.
- "Rick J. Caruso Founder and Chief Executive Officer". Caruso Affiliated. Retrieved May 3, 2013.
- Deborah Crowe (April 24, 2013). "Caruso Announces Changes for Americana at Brand". Los Angeles Business Journal.
- "Caruso Affiliated Debuts Its Reinvented Waterside Marina del Rey Retail Center". Business Wire. November 8, 2005.
- Roger Vincent (November 11, 2012). "Grove developer Caruso opens lavish apartment complex". Los Angeles Times.
- Peter Caranicas (April 11, 2013). "Los Angeles Apartments That Are a Room-Service Fit". Variety.
- Andrew Blankstein (March 14, 2001). "Glendale's Long-Stalled Town Center Gets a Builder". Los Angeles Times.
- Sylvie Belmond (June 7, 2012). "Mall developer to receive entrepreneur award June 19". The Acorn.
- "Small Home Wins Big Design Award". Los Angeles Times. 22 June 1997.
- Natalie Dolce (September 2012). "Southern California's Real Estate Icons". Real Estate Forum.
- Daniel Lobo (25 October 2012). "ULI Awards for Excellence: Winners Through the Years". Urban Land Institute.
- "The Americana at Brand Wins Award for Design, Development". Outlook Newspapers. 24 December 2009.
- "Spirit of American Youth Scholarship 2013". The Americana at Brand. Retrieved May 21, 2013.