From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up cassia in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cassia may refer to:
- Cassia (legume), a tree/shrub genus in the bean family (Fabaceae)
- Three principal species of Cinnamomum used to produce cassia bark, a spice similar to cinnamon:
- other species of Cinnamomum, a tree genus in the laurel family (Lauraceae)
- Senna obtusifolia (Chinese Senna or Sicklepod), formerly called Cassia - a source of Cassia gum; seeds are used as an herbal tea in East Asia.
- Senna artemisioides, commonly known as Silver Cassia or Feathery Cassia
- other species of the Senna (plant) genus of the bean family (Fabaceae)
- locally for introduced Needle Bush (Acacia farnesiana), another Fabaceae
- Cassia bark, cassia, or Chinese cinnamon - a spice made from the bark of the Cinnamomum aromaticum tree
- Cinnamon, a similar spice for which cassia is often substituted.
- Cassia gum, a food additive made from the seeds of Senna obtusifolia (Cassia obtusifolia, Chinese Senna, or Sicklepod)
- Cassia or Senna tea, East Asian herbal tea made from seeds of Senna obtusifolia (Cassia obtusifolia, Chinese Senna, or Sicklepod)
- Cássia, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Cassia (planet), a planet in A. Livadny's science fiction book series Expansion: The History of the Galaxy
- Cassia County, Idaho
- Cassia Creek, Idaho
- Cassia-flask, a laboratory flask
- Via Cassia, a Roman road leading out of Rome
- Cassio (disambiguation)
- Cassius (disambiguation)
- Cassiane (born 1972), Brazilian Gospel Singer
- Kassia, Byzantine saint and hymnographer
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.