|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Earth sciences.|
Earth science (also known as geoscience, the geosciences, or the Earth Sciences), is an all-embracing term for the sciences related to the planet Earth. It is arguably a special case in planetary science, being the only known life-bearing planet known to Homo sapiens. There are both reductionist and holistic approaches to Earth science.
This category has the following 25 subcategories, out of 25 total.
- ► Earth scientists (15 C, 2 P)
- ► Cartography (31 C, 210 P)
- ► History of Earth science (3 C, 37 P)
- ► Limnology (7 C, 60 P)
- ► Oceanography (22 C, 286 P)
- ► Remote sensing (5 C, 88 P)
- ► Wikipedia books on Earth sciences (1 C, 83 P)
Pages in category "Earth sciences"
The following 110 pages are in this category, out of 110 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
- Geologic time scale
- Geoscientist (magazine)
- Giant impact hypothesis
- Global Atmospheric Research Program
- Global Boundary Stratotype Section and Point
- Global Change Master Directory
- Global Precipitation Measurement
- Global Standard Stratigraphic Age
- GNS Science
- Index of earth science articles
- International Association of Cryospheric Sciences
- International Association of Hydrogeologists
- International Coalition for GeoInformatics
- International Glaciological Society
- International Permafrost Association
- International Polar Year
- International Ranger Federation
- International Volcanic Ashfall Impacts Working Group
- International Volcanic Health Hazard Network
- International Year of Planet Earth