Cauldron in 2009
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Associated acts||Goat Horn
|Past members||Al "Artillery" Chambers
Cauldron is a Canadian heavy metal band formed in 2006 in Toronto. They were formed following the breakup of Goat Horn, with guitarist Brandon Wars leaving to form a new band, Zuku. Cauldron consists of Jason Decay on vocals and bass, Ian Chains on guitar and Myles Deck on Drums.
Formation And Debut Album
Less than a year after formation the band released their debut EP titled "Into The Cauldron" with New Iron Age/Iron Kodex Records (Germany) and it was received positively by the metal press which led to the band touring across Canada. In 2008 the band signed with Earache Records and began to record their debut album. Around this time original Drummer Al Artillery left the band to join Relapse Records' Toxic Holocaust, and the position was filled briefly by Steelrider, the original drummer of Goat Horn. He was then replaced by Kill Cheerleader/Zuku/Crystal Castles drummer, Chris Rites. The band's Debut Album Chained to the Nite was released in April 2009 and the band toured the UK with Wolf in support of the album, Cauldron's song "Restless" is featured in a DC Shoes video of professional skateboarder Danny Way.
Touring And Second Album 2010-2011
After the release of the debut album Drummer Steel Rider left the band and was replaced by Chris Stephenson of Canadian band Aggressor. The band spent most of 2010 playing gigs and touring. The band then began to work on their follow up to 2009's Chained to the Nite titled Burning Fortune which was released on the 14th of February 2011.
Tomorrows Lost 2012-present
In December 2011, the band's drummer, Chris Stephenson, left the band and the former one, Chris Rites, temporarily returned for the recording of Tomorrow's Lost, the band's third studio album which was released on October 8, 2012 via Earache Records.
In July 2012 Cauldron announced Myles Deck as their new drummer.
Cauldron is considered a part of the New Wave Of Traditional Heavy Metal (NWOTHM) an ongoing movement that in recent years has seen the return of traditional sounding metal bands (similar to the Swedish Sleaze metal revival) the name is taken from the New wave of british heavy metal in which the movement strongly identifies with. Other bands considered part of the movement include White Wizzard, Enforcer, Skull Fist and more recently Sons of Lioth.
- Jason Decay - Bass, Lead Vocals (2006–present)
- Ian Chains - Lead & Rhythm Guitars, Backing Vocals (2006–present)
- Myles Deck - Drums, Percussion & Backing Vocals (2012–present)
- Al Artillery - Drums (2006-2008)
- Chris Rites - Drums (2008-2009, 2012)
- Steel Rider - Drums (2008)
- Chris Stephenson - Drums (2009-2011)
- Into the Cauldron EP (2007)
- Chained to the Nite LP (2009) 
- Burning Fortune LP (2011)
- Tomorrow's Lost LP (2012)
- Moonlight Desires EP (2014)
- "Chained Up In Chains" (2010) (directed by Justin McConnell) 
- "All Or Nothing" (2011)
- "Nitebreaker" (2012)
- "Summoned to Succumb" (2014)
- "Cauldron's Boiling Metal Ready To Cross Canada", Chart, 2007-08-21. Retrieved on 2008-12-26.
- Carman, Keith (May 2007). "Cauldron: Into the Cauldron", Exclaim!. Retrieved on 2008-12-26.
- "Bio_Earache_Records". Earache Records. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "Cauldron_Burning_Fortune". Metal_ Storm. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "CAULDRON FINISH RECORDING ALBUM, REVEAL TRACK LIST", Earache Records, 2009-01-13. Retrieved on 2010-05-30.
- Cauldron Unveils Album Art And Track List For New LP "Tomorrow's Lost"
- "CAULDRON DEBUTS OFFICIAL VIDEO FOR "CHAINED UP IN CHAINS"", Earache Records, 2010-01-27. Retrieved on 2010-05-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Cauldron (band).|