From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up causation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
See also: Causality (disambiguation)
See also: Cause (disambiguation)
Causation may refer to:
- Causality, in philosophy, a relationship that describes and analyses cause and effect
- Causality (physics)
- Causation (law), a key component to establish liability in both criminal and civil law
- Causation in English law defines the requirement for liability in negligence
- Causation (sociology), the belief that events occur in predictable ways and that one event leads to another
- Proximate causation
- "Correlation does not imply causation", phrase used in the sciences and statistics
- Proximate cause, the basis of liability in negligence in the United States
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.