Central Drug Research Institute
|Central Drug Research Institute|
|Location||Lucknow, Lucknow, India|
It is one of the first laboratories to be established in India right after its independence. CDRI is among the thirty nine laboratories that are functioning under the aegis of the council of scientific and Industrial Research CSIR of India. CDRI was formally inaugurated on 17 Feb 1951 by the then Prime Minister of India, Jawahar Lal Nehru.
For administrative and scientific purposes the Institute's manpower has been grouped into 17 R & D divisions and few divisions providing technical and scientific support. The following divisions of CDRI are involved in Research and Development.
- Clinical and Experimental Medicine
- Drug Target Discovery and Development
- Fermentation Technology
- Medicinal and Process Chemistry
- Pharmacokinetics and Metabolism
In addition two data centres and one field station located outside CDRI are providing operational support.
- Official website
- http://biospectrumindia.ciol.com/content/bioFocus/103111201.asp[dead link]