It may be part of any day or outing considered particularly luxurious or indulgent. The accompanying breakfast is sometimes of a similarly high standard  and include rich foods such as salmon, caviar, chocolate or pastries, which would not ordinarily be eaten at breakfast or more courses. Instead of as a formal meal the breakfast can be given to the recipient in a basket or hamper.
As part of a day where scheduled activities have been arranged, the breakfast may be served early in the day, or even at sunrise. The breakfast may be as part of a cruise or tour. It can be a part of honeymooning couple's itinerary, or stay at a hotel, when it may be delivered to the couple in bed. This can also be a part of Valentine's day or a Valentine's Day holiday package.
The breakfast can be delivered or served to someone as part of any treat acknowledging the person's worth, such as Mother's day. or as a celebration of an event or achievement. A champagne breakfast was even fed to Red Marauder when the horse won the Grand National. It may be a tradition at some colleges for graduation, such as Wells College. People may be awarded a Champagne breakfast as part of winning a competition.
Business or charity
- "The Telegraph - Calcutta : Metro". Calcutta, India: Telegraphindia.com. 2005-01-03. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "icseftonandwestlancs - Grand National thrills for Crosby couple". Icseftonandwestlancs.icnetwork.co.uk. 2009-08-11. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- Press Association (2003-10-24). "Concorde makes final landing | Business". London: guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- Moscow News - Travel - Swissц╢tel Krasnye Holmy[dead link]
- "Magazine / Travel : Weekend getaway". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2007-08-19. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "city of johannesburg - Countdown to extreme park". Joburg.org.za. 2008-05-06. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "Scotland | Breakfast cruise serves up eclipse". BBC News. 2003-05-31. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- Duggan, Tara (2010-12-18). "Spring Garden and Kitchen Tours Are Here". Sfgate.com. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "Brides without borders - World - Travel". Melbourne: theage.com.au. 2008-04-12. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "Best Valentine offers | Travel". London: The Guardian. 2003-02-08. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- Caroline Furneaux (2003-01-08). "Decent proposals | Travel". London: guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "Mother's Day Charity Breakfast - WhatsOn - BrisbaneTimes". brisbanetimes.com.au. 2008-05-06. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "Marathon late entry - Central North Island news on". Stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- "Champagne breakfast for National winner | Mail Online". London: Dailymail.co.uk. 2009-11-11. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- Massey University - article[dead link]
- 24 April 2008 (2008-04-24). "It's official: Jackie's our PA with a winning way - Hawkes Bay Today - 2008-04-24 14:50:00.0 - localnews". Hbtoday.co.nz. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- [ Displaying Abstract ] (2011-02-03). "Breakfast Party At Saks Will Aid Children's Group; Admission to Benefi... - Free Preview - The New York Times". Select.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2011-03-04.
- 16 April 2008 (2008-04-16). "LEAD STORY - EQUESTRIAN: Beatson's Olympic dreams lie in Europe - Hawkes Bay Today - 2008-04-16 15:00:00.0 - localsport". Hbtoday.co.nz. Retrieved 2011-03-04.