Charles Cornelius is an Olympic Medalist and Former Indian Hockey Goal Keeper who represented the Indian national hockey team in the 1973 Hockey World Cup and the 1974 Asian Games in Tehran. Started his Hockey Career as Coach for the Punjab Hockey Team in the Year 1977 and Retired as an Administrator-Officer on Special Duty (OSD-South Zone) in the year 2001
- Selected as a Special Trainer for Hockey Goal Keeping by the Indian Hockey Federation (IHF) in the Year 1980
- Served as the National Hockey Coach for SAI – Sports Authority of India and have trained both the Junior and the Senior Hockey teams (Men)
- Been as the Selection Committee Member for the Junior and Senior National Hockey teams since 1980.
- Successfully dealt with the State Govt and State sports councils, Snipes field stations, and Nehru Yuvak Kendras on behalf of NIS (National Institute of Sports) as a Zonal Officer for the South Zone (jurisdiction for the states of Andra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, and Lakshwadeep) for more than 15 yrs.
- In addition, overseen and managed the Field wing Coaches of the jurisdictions with adequate first hand experience about the field work.
- Functioned as one of the Administrators for the Asian games in the Year 1980, SAF Games in the Year 1995 and many other International Tournaments held in India.
- M. S. Unnikrishnan (December 2, 2011). "Arjuna Award: Will Charles Cornelius wait for eternity". The Tribune.