|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 4181|
|Sex ratio||1:1 ♂/♀|
Chettupattu has a population of 36,000; consisting of 50% males and 50% females, with 10% of the population being under the age of 6 years. Chettupattu's literacy rate is 69%, which is 10% higher than the national average; male literacy is 77% and female literacy is 61%.
Chethupattu is a panchayat town in Thiruvanaamalai district located in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Its neighboring towns are Vandavasi (east), Polur (west), Gingee (south), Tiruvannamalai (south-west) and Arani (north). More than 80% of its inhabitants are farmers and the primary source of income is agriculture. The main crops grown are groundnut, paddy and sugarcane. Chettupattu is a fast developing town, ranking with Panchayats of Pazhampet and Kannanur. Animal husbandry provides subsidiary income to farmers in the region. A veterinary dispensary established in 1963 provides services for the farmers.
- The "Sri Muthumariyaman Temple" is located in Palampet. Here every year "Aadi thiruvizha" is celebrated. Every Friday of that month is very special for that temple and every year people celebrate the Pongal in this temple only.
- Sri Ramachandra Perumal Temple, Nedungunam, Vandavasi Taluk, which is 3 km from Chetpet.
- Sri Kannika Parameshwari Temple, Police Station Street, Chetpet.
- Sri Veera Sanjeeviraja Perumal Temple, Kadai Street, Chetpet.
- On the route from Chennai to Vandavasi in Chetpet, there is a temple built for Manikkavacakar and Shiva. It also has a Navagraha temple, built sometime during the 1920s.
- The Throwpathi Amman Temple is located in Palampet. The Agni Vasantha Vizha of this temple is well-known around the village.
- More than 100 years old, the famous "Sri Karpaga Vinayagar" temple is located on Azhagiri Street, Pazhampet.
- Pachaiamman Temple located in Indravan 5 km toward Arani.
- Throwpathi amman kovil pazhampet Located in Dharmaraja Kovil St, Pazhampet.
- Jay Vera Anchaneyar Kovil located on Arani Road.
- Vinayagar Kovil located on Arani Road.
- Ayyappan Kovil located on Vandhavasi Road.
- Assembly of God Church, since 2008 on Vandavasi Road, Pazhampet, Chetpet.
- St. Lourdes (Lourde's, Lordhu's) Shrine in Chetpet was constructed by the Roman Catholic friar Jean Francis Darras in the 1890s. It is one of the largest and oldest Churches in Tamil Nadu.
In Chettupattu, there are 4 mosques:
- One in Pazampettai near the Kamarajar statue.
- One on Police Station Street / Polur Road.
- One on Anna Street.
- TNTJ (Tamiḻnāṭu tavhīt jamā'at, a non-profit volunteer organization) Markas, which is also in Anna Street near Padmavathi Marriage Hall.
- The place called Community, a site of crop exchange.
- The old fort.
- In Chetpet, there are more than 2000 shops, including branches of Union Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank and State Bank of India.
- Every year, the Lourdes Shrine is decorated for a Christian festival. This occasion attracts many thousands of people to Chetpet.
- Padmavathi Theatre (DTS).
- For the Pongal festival, Jallikattu is very famous in the Pazhampettai Draupadi Amman temple and Mariamman temple.
- Union Bank of India on Gingee road.
- State Bank of India on Vandavasi road.
- Indian Overseas Bank on Arani road
- Corporation Bank on Vandavasi road
- Karur Vysya ATM on Arani road
- Pallavan Grama Bank on Arani road
- Axis Bank ATM on Polur road
- Co-Operative Bank on Vandavasi road
- Govt. Hospital on Polur road.
- Suraj Hospital in Palampet, Chetpet.
- St. Thomas German Hospital on Polur road (within 1 km), established in Chettupattu by Dr. Maria Aschhoff.
- Rathinakumar, private doctor in vandavasi road.
- Kannaiyan (child specialist) on Vandavasi road.
- Paramanathan, private doctor on Gingee road.
- Anthuraz, private doctor in Polur road.
- Jayakumar (skin specialist) on Gingee road.
- Saravanas Hotel, located on Gingee road.
- Ranga Bhavan Hotel, located on Polur road.
- Madurai Muniyandi Vilas
- Madurai Pandiyan Vilas
- SMK Hotal.
||This list contains entries that appear to advertise a subject. (April 2015)|
- S Mani Jewellery
- Vasanth Jewellery
- Lakshmi Jewellery
- Padma Rangasamy kalyana mandapam
- VRK kalyana mandapam
- srinivasa kalyana mandapam
- RY kalyana mandapam
- Geetha kalyana mandapam
- Padma Sinuvasan kalyana mandapam
- MK Travels
Educational institutions in Chetpet include:
- Dhivya Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Dhivya College of Education
- Dhivya Arts and Science College
- Dhivya Polytechnic College
- Dhivya High School
- Dhivya Teacher Training Institute
- St. Dominic Savio Higher Secondary School
- St. Anne Higher Secondary School
- Government Higher Secondary School
- Danie Matriculation High School
- Panchayat Union Primary School
- Suraj Matriculation School
- Ansaldo Matriculation High School, Maruthuvambadi
- Ansaldo College of Education, Marthuvambadi
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chettupattu.|
- MK (BCS)
- MA (BCS)
- Abi (Dr)
- Ram (B.com).