Chris Taylor (born August 29, 1981) is a multi-instrumentalist and producer best known for his role as bass guitarist in the Brooklyn-based indie folk group, Grizzly Bear. Taylor also records solo material under the moniker CANT, releasing his debut album, Dreams Come True, in 2011.
Acting as Grizzly Bear's regular producer, Taylor has also produced albums for Dirty Projectors, Department of Eagles, Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson, Twin Shadow and The Morning Benders.
Born in Seattle, Washington, Taylor is a 2004 graduate of New York University, and once worked in a coffee shop with TV on the Radio members Kyp Malone and David Sitek.
He joined Grizzly Bear following their first release, Horn of Plenty (2004). His contributions to the band's sound since then have varied, and he has become the band's producer since their second album, Yellow House (2006). In live performances, Taylor frequently switches between playing the bass, clarinet, flute, saxophone and sometimes the accordion. He also contributes vocals on most songs.
CANT and Terrible Records 
In mid-2009 Taylor founded Terrible Records with label partner Ethan Silverman. He has also released his own solo material which (under the moniker CANT) on the label. His debut solo cd "Dreams Come True" was released September 13, 2011.
- Arthur Russell - Love is Overtaking Me - mixing, editing and restoration
- Canon Blue - Colonies - mastering
- Department of Eagles - In Ear Park - co-producer, electric bass, flute, woodwinds, effects
- Dirty Projectors - Rise Above - co-producer
- Grizzly Bear - Yellow House - producer, bass guitar, vocals, clarinet, flute, saxophone, electronics and treatments
- Grizzly Bear - Friend EP - producer
- Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest - producer, bass guitar, vocals
- Grizzly Bear - Shields - producer, vocals, drums, percussion, drum machine, lapsteel, wurlitzer, synths
- Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson - Self-titled - producer
- CANT - Dreams Come True - vocals, instrumentation, producer
- CANT/Arthur Russell - Split 7" - producer
- Acrylics - All of the Fire EP - producer
- The Morning Benders - Big Echo - producer
- Nat Baldwin - Most Valuable Player - producer
- TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain - horns, clarinet
- Twin Shadow - Forget - producer