Amberger used to visit Ausburg every year as some powerful men gathered there then. There the artist painted portraits of such men as Fugger, Peutinger, Frundsberg and Caesar Carl V. He travelled to Northern Italy and Venice between 1525 and 1527. He died in Augsburg.
- Lexikon över äldre konst, Raben & Sjögrens, 1959, Stockholm Sweden
- Media related to Christoph Amberger at Wikimedia Commons
- The Grove Dictionary of Art
- Works by Christoph Amberger
- Christoph Amberger on Sandrart.net
- Christoph Amberger on Your paintings
|This article about a German painter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|