Constitution type or body type refer to a number of classification systems or typology systems used to empirically or theoretically classify the body shape of a human individual.
The systems are believed to provide some guidance to creating medical, nutritional, psychotherapeutic, or exercise programs for the person so classified. The classification systems include:
- Humours (Ayurveda)
- Somatotype of William Herbert Sheldon
- Paul Carus's character typology
- Ernst Kretschmer's character typology
- Elliot Abravanel's glandular metabolism typology
- Hannah Lifergren's "Know your shape!" typology
- Sasang typology by Je-Ma Lee
|This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.