Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts
|Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts (formerly Culinary School of the Rockies)|
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts, formerly the Culinary School of the Rockies, was founded in 1991 as a culinary school in Boulder, Colorado, USA. It is a nationally accredited program offering multiple professional diploma programs, classes for food enthusiasts and corporate cooking team building events. There is also a campus located in Austin, Texas.
The school was founded by Joan Brett in 1991 as Cooking School of the Rockies. In 1993 the school changed its name to Culinary School of the Rockies (CSR). The school introduced its first professional program, Culinary Arts in 1996. Since then, CSR has expanded the professional programs with Chef Track and Pastry Arts. In 2001, CSR introduced the Corporate Kitchen program, offering private events and team building for companies. In 2011, CSR became an affiliate of Escoffier, which is located in Texas. Since that merger, Triumph Higher Education has purchased both the former Culinary School of the Rockies as well as the Escoffier Texas campus. Both culinary schools are now known as Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts and affiliated with the Auguste Escoffier Foundation as well as the Le Musée Escoffier de l’Art Culinaire, located in France. Michel Escoffier, the great-grandson of Auguste Escoffier and the President of the Auguste Escoffier Foundation, is also the school’s Advisory Board Member. The school has two campuses, the Boulder, Colorado campus and the Austin, Texas campus, as well as an online culinary program called Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy.
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts in Boulder, Colorado is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), and approved and regulated by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Division of Private Occupational Schools.
Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts in Austin, Texas is nationally accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE) and approved and regulated by the Texas Workforce Commission-Career Schools and Colleges.
The school is also accredited, affiliated or a member of a number of other associations including but not limited to the International Association of Culinary Professionals, American Culinary Federation Educational Foundation, World Association of Chefs Societies, National Restaurant Association and ServSafe.
Professional programs of both Austin, Texas and Boulder, Colorado campus
Both campuses offer a full-time, 40-week Culinary Arts comprehensive curriculum that teaches a full menu each day. Menus increase in complexity and focus on classic recipes and modern trends. The school provides small class sizes and individualized attention to students. The curriculum includes a 3-week off-site, farm-to-table externship, working with local family farmers and artisan producers in sustainable farming practices. It also includes a 10-week industry externship that allows students to work in a restaurant kitchen, gaining real-life experience.
The Pastry Arts program is a 32-week, part-time or daytime program that focuses on the essentials of pastry and baking and advanced pastry topics. This program also focuses on small class sizes for a more personal learning experience. Its classic and modern pastry curriculum focuses on molecular gastronomy, cake decorating, artisan bread baking, gluten-free and healthful needs baking as well as signature desserts. Students are also offered real life experience in an 8-week industry externship.
Home Cook Programs
The Escoffier Home Cook Program provides hands-on cooking classes on the campus in Boulder, Colorado or online. Classes are offered on a rotating cycle.
- Culinary School of the Rockies, "About Us"
- Culinary School of the Rockies, "Accreditation"
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2014)|
- Culinary program traces path food takes from start to finish : TheRocky.com: Denver News, Business, Homes, Jobs, Cars, & Information
- Culinary Colorado: The Ultimate Food Lover's Guide - Claire Walter. pp. 99-101.
- Culinary Schools - Peterson's Guides, Peterson's. p. 111.
- Top Cooking Classes In Denver « CBS Denver
- Colorado Cooking Vacations | USA Today
- What's Cooking | 5280
- Peterson's Culinary Schools & Programs - Peterson's. pp. 105-106.
- Triumph Higher Education Group Purchases Culinary School of the Rockies. - Food & Beverage Close-Up | HighBeam Research
- Insiders' Guide to Boulder: And Rocky Mountain National Park - Ann Alexander Leggett, Roz Brown
- Boulder culinary school purchased - Denver Business Journal
- Culinary students vie in 'Seafood Challenge' | Today's News | Boulder County Business Report
- "Cooking School of the Rockies" - NBC's Today Show, March 2002
- Official website
- Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts on Twitter
- Culinary Arts | Texas Culinary Schools | Culinary Schools Colorado
- Baking and Pastry | Texas Culinary Schools | Culinary Schools Colorado
- Home Cook Classes | Texas Culinary Schools | Culinary Schools Colorado
- Escoffier Blog | Texas Culinary Schools | Culinary Schools Colorado