||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Headquarters||Longueuil, Quebec, Canada|
D-BOX Technologies is a Canadian company which designs, manufactures, and markets motion systems intended mainly for the entertainment and industrial simulation markets.
Products and services
Selected movie theatres in North America and internationally are equipped with D-BOX motion systems. The first feature film to have been encoded with D-BOX was Fast & Furious released on April 3, 2009.Since then, there have been many releases that have ranked number 1 at the box-office. The Renfrew Street, Glasgow branch of the UK cinema Cineworld was the first cinema in the UK to introduce D-BOX technology. Six further cinemas within the Cineworld chain have since purchased D-BOX seats.
In the home
D-BOX Technologies first introduced its motion generating systems in 2001 to the home theatre and PC gaming markets. The company provides a consumer version for the home. The D-BOX system can be integrated within certain manufacturer’s seating models, including the following: Acoustic Innovations, AcousticSmart Home Theatre Interiors, CDGI, Cineak, Cinematech, Continental Seating®, Design NS, Fortress Seating, Front Row Seating, Jaymar, Oray, TK Living, United Leather and VIP Cinema Seating. And for existing seating, motion can be added with the help of a D-BOX Motion Platform. As of 2013, the system supports a library of over 1,000 movies. Gaming products are also available through one of their gaming partners.
- 4DX, an international motion picture technology with similar motion features
- List of D-Box motion-enhanced theatrical films
- List of D-Box motion-enhanced cinemas
- D-Box (2013). In Your Business. Retrieved from http://www.d-box.com/en/business/in_your_business.
- The top tech news and technology headlines - Yahoo! News
- "Cineworld Cinemas: News At Your Local Cineworld Cinema D-BOX movement technology comes to Cineworld". Cineworld.co.uk. 2012-07-03. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- D-Box (2013). D-Box Movies At Home. Retrieved from http://www.d-box.com/en/consumer/home_movies.