||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2012)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013)|
|Headquarters||Longueuil, Quebec, Canada|
D-BOX Technologies is a Canadian company, which designs, manufactures, and markets motion systems intended mainly for the entertainment and industrial simulation markets.
Products and services
Selected movie theatres in North America and internationally are equipped with D-BOX motion systems. The first feature film to have been encoded with D-BOX was Fast & Furious released on April 3, 2009. Since then, there have been many releases that have ranked number 1 at the box-office.
In West Michigan, Loeks Theatres, Inc. also known as Celebration! Cinema launched D-BOX at their Celebration! Cinema RiverTown location in March 2012. Due to positive clientele feedback, Celebration! Cinema added D-BOX to their remaining first-run locations in Grand Rapids and first-run locations throughout West Michigan in February 2013.
In the home
D-BOX Technologies first introduced its motion generating systems in 2001 to the home theatre and PC gaming markets. The D-BOX system can be integrated within certain manufacturer’s seating models, including the following: Acoustic Innovations, AcousticSmart Home Theatre Interiors, CDGI, Cineak, Cinematech, Continental Seating®, Design NS, Fortress Seating, Front Row Seating, Jaymar, Oray, TK Living, United Leather and VIP Cinema Seating. For existing seating, motion can be added with the help of a D-BOX Motion Platform. As of 2013, the system supports a library of over 1,000 movies.
- D-Box (2013). In Your Business. Retrieved from http://www.d-box.com/en/business/in_your_business.
- "Company Profile. A multi-sensory revolution. A leading-edge technology. The possibilities are endless...". d-box.com. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- The top tech news and technology headlines - Yahoo! News
- Chance, Todd (February 22, 2013). mlive.com http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/02/celebration_cinema_offering_ne.html. Retrieved January 19, 2015. Missing or empty
- "Cineworld Cinemas: News At Your Local Cineworld Cinema D-BOX movement technology comes to Cineworld". Cineworld.co.uk. 2012-07-03. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- D-Box (2013). D-Box Movies At Home. Retrieved from http://www.d-box.com/en/consumer/home_movies.