|Based in||Unity Village|
|Part of a series of articles on|
The Daily Word is a daily inspirational message provided by the Unity Church of Christianity. Themes include inner peace, hope, healing, guidance, and others. It is distributed via magazine, website, and e-mail.
The Daily Word magazine was first published in 1924 and has been in print continuously for more than 80 years. In the early years, most of the messages were written by its first editor, Frank B. Whitney.
The magazine became a bimonthly in 2009. Each issue includes two months of daily affirmative messages, along with feature articles and spiritual poetry. Subscriptions are available for print editions as well as an online edition with audio — Daily Word Digital Magazine, which was introduced in 2009. The magazine is published by Unity whose world headquarters are at Unity Village, Missouri. It is mailed to 600,000 subscribers in over 150 countries, and is translated into seven languages. Additional readers purchase the magazine at their local Unity church.
Daily Word in Braille began in 1934, and is available for free to the blind through Message of Hope. Daily Word in Spanish, La Palabra Diaria, was first published in March 1955. Daily Word in Large Type was introduced in 1978.
Laura Harvey is the current editor. Among Daily Word's former editors are Colleen Zuck and Martha Smock. The magazine has featured articles contributed by many prominent thinkers, including Wayne Dyer, Naomi Judd, Mark Victor Hansen, Wally Amos, June Allyson, and Thomas Moore. Cartoonist Bill Keane has also contributed.
- "About". Daily Word. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- Vahle, N. (2002) The Unity movement: its evolution and spiritual teachings. Templeton Foundation Press. p 284.
- "The History of Unity". Unity.org. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- Mosley, G. (2006) New Thought, Ancient Wisdom: The History and Future of the New Thought Movement. Templeton Foundation Press. p 18.
- Taylor, T. (2009) Unity Village. Arcadia Publishing. p 79.
- "Archives | The Dallas Morning News, dallasnews.com". Nl.newsbank.com. 1997-05-10. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- "The Divine Colleen Zuck". Unity.org. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- [dead link]
- "Home | Daily Word". Unity.org. Retrieved 2012-07-29.
- Zuck, C., Wright, J., and Meyer, E. (199) Daily word for families: linking my heart with those I love. Rodale Press.
- [dead link]