Dallas–Fort Worth Film Critics Association
|Dallas-Fort Worth Film Critics Association|
The Dallas–Fort Worth Film Critics Association (DFWFCA) is an organization of 30 print, radio/TV and internet journalists from Dallas-Fort Worth-based publications. In December of each year, the DFWFCA meets to vote on their Dallas–Fort Worth Film Critics Association Awards for films released in the same calendar year.
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Cinematography
- Best Director
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Film
- Best Foreign Film
- Best Screenplay (2005- )
- Best Supporting Actor
- Best Supporting Actress
- Russell Smith Award
(2 awards and more)
- 4 awards:
- Up in the Air (2009): Best Picture, Director, Actor, and Screenplay
- Brokeback Mountain (2005): Best Film, Director, Adapted Screenplay and Cinematography
- Sideways (2004): Best Actor, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress and Adapted Screenplay
- Leaving Las Vegas (1995): Best Film, Actor, Actress and Director
- 3 awards:
- The Social Network (2010): Best Picture, Director, and Screenplay
- No Country for Old Men (2007): Best Film, Supporting Actor and Director
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003): Best Film, Director and Cinematography
- A Beautiful Mind (2001): Best Film, Actor and Director
- American Beauty (1999): Best Film, Actor and Director
- Schindler's List (1993): Best Film, Supporting Actor and Director
- 2 awards:
- 127 Hours (2010): Best Actor and Cinematography
- The Fighter (2010): Best Supporting Actor and Supporting Actress
- The Dark Knight (2008): Best Cinematography and Supporting Actor
- Slumdog Millionaire (2008): Best Director and Film
- Capote (2005): Best Actor and Supporting Actress
- Million Dollar Baby (2004): Best Film and Actress
- About Schmidt (2002): Best Actor and Supporting Actress
- Far from Heaven (2002): Best Actress and Cinematography
- In the Bedroom (2001): Best Actress and Supporting Actress
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000): Best Foreign Film and Cinematography
- You Can Count on Me (2000): Best Actress and "Russell Smith Award"
- Traffic (2000): Best Picture and Director
- The Wings of the Dove (1997): Best Actress and Supporting Actress
- Whale, Chase (December 18, 2012). "Dallas-Fort Worth Film Critics Name "Lincoln" Best Picture of 2012". Dallas-Fort Worth Film Critics Association. Retrieved December 21, 2012.
- Kelly, Christopher (December 17, 2010). "'Social Network' gets top honors from Dallas-Fort Worth Film Critics Association". The Miami Herald (Miami, FL).
- Wilonsky, Robert (December 17, 2010). "DFW Film Crix, Very Social at Year's End". Unfair Park (Dallas, TX: Dallas Observer). Retrieved December 17, 2010.
- "They Sure Know How to Pick 'Em". The Miami Herald (Miami, FL). December 28, 2006. p. 16E. Retrieved December 22, 2012.