Dance Party USA
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the television program. For the 2006 film, see Dance Party USA (film).
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (July 2008)|
|Dance Party USA|
|Presented by||See list|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Location(s)||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, Ocean City, New Jersey, USA|
|Running time||30 minutes (1986–87)
45–48 minutes (1987–92)
|Production company(s)||Nise Productions
On Air Entertainment
|Original channel||USA Network|
|Original release||April 12, 1986– June 27, 1992|
- 1985-1986: Dave Raymond
- 1986-1989, 1992: Andy Gury, Annette Godfrey
- 1989-1991: Bob Catalano, Heather "Princess" Day
- 1989-1990: Amy Brady, Alvin "Spicy" Ramirez, Cindy Stark
- 1989: Christy Springfield
- 1990: Aubrey Ayala, Kelly Berridge, Chris Bustard, Pete Conicelli, Joanna Mistretta, Matt Robbins, Desiree Wynder
- Bobby Catalano was the man with the shades who would only remove his trademark sunglasses once a year on the Valentine's Day show. He was a very popular dancer and host.
- Bruce Williams, who was known as "Beastie Bruce" because he wore a VW chain as did the Beastie Boys, had a rap collection that did well in the Philadelphia area. It was a break off of the Philadelphia rap group "Tuff Crew".
- Dealin LaValley was a dancer on the show and went on to do Law & Order and national TV commercials. He now works as a celebrity makeup artist.
- Heather Day was nicknamed "Princess" on the show because she was a fan of Prince and could been seen wearing dresses or other outfits like an eye-patch that reflected her devotion to the singer. She would meet the singer in 1994, two years after Dance Party USA ended its run.
- Heather Henderson known as Baby Heather on the show, is a professional burlesque dancer, singer, model, filmmaker, producer and host for Ardent Atheists and Skeptically Yours podcasts. She currently is a member of Penn Jillette's No God Band and is a vocal activist for atheism and against psychics.
- Kelly Ripa
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|