Carcillo in December 2014.
January 28, 1985 |
King City, ON, CAN
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||203 lb (92 kg; 14 st 7 lb)|
Los Angeles Kings
New York Rangers
|NHL Draft||73rd overall, 2003
Daniel Carcillo (born January 28, 1985) is a Canadian professional ice hockey left winger who is currently playing with the Chicago Blackhawks in the National Hockey League (NHL). His on-ice reputation has led to him being nicknamed Carbomb.
Drafted 73rd overall in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Carcillo was traded to the Phoenix Coyotes for Georges Laraque on February 27, 2007. During the 2007–08 regular season he had a league high 324 penalty minutes. He scored his first career hat trick on April 4, 2008. He was traded to the Philadelphia Flyers on March 4, 2009 for Scottie Upshall and a 2011 2nd round draft pick. Carcillo's first goal as a Flyer came in game 4 of the first round of the 2009 Stanley Cup playoffs against Pittsburgh.
Carcillo, along with Shawn Thornton of the Boston Bruins, was a part of the first fight in an outdoor NHL game, in the Bridgestone 2010 NHL Winter Classic. On the NBC broadcast a day earlier, Carcillo told Mike Emrick and Eddie Olczyk that he would be a part of the first Winter Classic fight. On April 18, 2010, Carcillo scored the game-winning goal in overtime against the New Jersey Devils, giving the Flyers a 2 games to 1 lead in the first round of the playoffs. He would also score two nights later in game 4, giving him 2 playoff goals, a new career high. He would finish the playoffs with only the previously mentioned 2 goals and 4 assists, tripling his point total from the previous playoff year, when he had one goal (game 4) and one assist (on Arron Asham's game 6 game-winning goal).
Carcillo signed a one-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks on July 1, 2011. Carcillo's 2011–12 season came to an early end on January 2, 2012, in a game between the Blackhawks and the Edmonton Oilers. In that game, Carcillo was assessed a 5-minute major penalty and a game misconduct for boarding and attempting to injure Oilers defenceman Tom Gilbert. Both Carcillo and Gilbert were injured on the play, and Carcillo was suspended for 7 games. Carcillo, however, also suffered a torn left ACL, and was announced as out for the season on January 13 once his suspension ended, having surgery 4 days later. On March 12, 2012, Carcillo signed a two-year contract extension with the Blackhawks to play through the 2013-14 NHL season.
On May 23, 2014, Carcillo was automatically suspended 10 games during the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs for using physical force against a linesman while being escorted to the penalty box. On June 3, 2014, Carcillo's suspension an appeal was reduced from 10 games to 6 games by NHL commissioner Gary Bettman.
On September 4, 2014, the Pittsburgh Penguins signed Carcillo to a professional tryout contract in order to attend their 2014 training camp, where he was later released.  On October 3, 2014, Carcillo was added to the Chicago Blackhawks training camp roster. He promptly agreed to a one-year, one-way contract, at the league minimum of $550,000 for his second tenure with the club.
Regular season and playoffs
|2007–08||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||5||2||1||3||16||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||Los Angeles Kings||NHL||26||1||1||2||57||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||New York Rangers||NHL||31||3||0||3||43||8||2||0||2||22|
- Rogers, Jessie. "Dan Carcillo eager to get in the mix".
- Jesse, Rogers (2011-08-08). "Dan Carcillo goes after new rival". ESPN. Retrieved 2014-05-01.
- "NHL Free Agent Tracker". The Sports Network. Retrieved 1 July 2011.
- Shanahan, Brendan. "Dan Carcillo suspended 7 games". National Hockey League. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "Edmonton Oilers vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Boxscore - January 02, 2012". ESPN. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "Carcillo to undergo knee surgery". Chicago Blackhawks press release. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- Kuc, Chris (13 January 2012). "Carcillo to miss rest of season after surgery". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- Jahns, Adam (12 March 2012). "Blackhawks sign Carcillo for two more years". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 13 March 2012.
- "Blackhawks deal forward Carcillo to Kings". NHL.com. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "Daniel Carcillo traded to New York Rangers by Los Angeles Kings". NHL.com. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Rangers' Carcillo automatically suspended 10 games". NHL.com. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- "Penguins Sign Forward Daniel Carcillo to a Professional Tryout Contract". Pittsburgh Penguins. 2014-09-04. Retrieved 2014-09-04.
- "Penguins Release Forward Daniel Carcillo from his Tryout Contract". Pittsburgh Penguins. 2014-10-02. Retrieved 2014-10-02.
- "Carcillo to host new music-focused show on WGN Radio". WGN Radio press release. Retrieved 30 December 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Daniel Carcillo.|