|No. 13, 11, 15|
November 2, 1949 |
Queens, New York
|Listed height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Listed weight||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school||East Brunswick
(East Brunswick, New Jersey)
|NBA draft||1971 / Round: 3 / Pick: 46th overall|
|Selected by the Philadelphia 76ers|
|Pro playing career||1971–1977|
|1972||Portland Trail Blazers|
|1977||New York / New Jersey Nets|
|1985–1987||New Jersey Nets|
|Career NBA statistics|
|Points||2,553 (6.2 ppg)|
|Rebounds||558 (1.4 rpg)|
|Assists||1,397 (3.4 apg)|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
David Bruce "Dave" Wohl (born November 2, 1949) is an American former basketball player and coach. A 6'2" guard who grew up in East Brunswick Township, New Jersey and played collegiately at the University of Pennsylvania, Wohl was selected in the 3rd round of the 1971 NBA Draft by the Philadelphia 76ers. He played for six different teams over a seven-year career, including the 76ers, the Portland Trail Blazers, the Buffalo Braves, the Houston Rockets and the New York/New Jersey Nets.
Wohl would later coach the Nets for over two seasons, from 1985 to 1987. In addition, he has been an assistant coach for several teams. He was also the Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations for the Miami Heat from 1995 to 1997. From 2004 to 2007, Wohl was an assistant coach for the Boston Celtics. From 2007 to 2009 he was the team's Assistant General Manager. He was an assistant coach with the Minnesota Timberwolves from 2009 to 2011.
- via Associated Press. "Nets hire Dave Wohl", The Lewiston Journal, August 10, 1985. Accessed February 13, 2011. "Wohl, a native of East Brunswick, N.J. and a former player with the Nets, has yet to officially sign a contract."
- Spears, Marc J. (May 19, 2008). "James: Tough call after hard loss". The Boston Globe.
- "Dave Wohl". NBA.com. Retrieved 16 March 2011.
- BasketballReference.com: Dave Wohl (as coach)
- BasketballReference.com: Dave Wohl (as player)
- NBA.com Coaches File: Dave Wohl