David Moss (basketball)
|No. 34 – Emporio Armani Milano|
|Position||Shooting guard / Small forward|
September 9, 1983 |
South Holland, Illinois
|Listed height||6 ft 5 in (196 cm)|
|Listed weight||220 lb (100 kg)|
|High school||Thornwood (South Holland, Illinois)|
|College||Indiana State (2002–2006)|
|Pro playing career||2006–present|
|2006–2007||Polpak Swiecie (Poland)|
|2007–2008||Aurora Jesi (Italy 2nd)|
|2008–2009||Teramo Basket (Italy)|
|2009–2010||Virtus Bologna (Italy)|
|2010–2013||Montepaschi Siena (Italy)|
|2013–present||Emporio Armani Milano (Italy)|
|Career highlights and awards|
David Jerard Moss (born September 9, 1983) is an American professional basketball player for Emporio Armani Milano of the Italian League. He is a 6'5" (1.96 m) and 220 lb. (100 kg) shooting guard-small forward. Moss' agent is former professional basketball player John Greig.
Moss attended Thornwood High School in South Holland, Illinois, USA. There he played basketball, soccer, tennis, and track & field. He played collegiate basketball at Indiana State University, where he played with the Indiana State Sycamores in the Missouri Valley Conference. While there, he was named Conference Freshman of the Year, and earned All-Conference Team honors all four years. He finished as the school's fifth all-time leading scorer, with 1,562 points career points scored.
Moss went undrafted by an NBA team and started his professional career in the 2006–07 season in the Polish League, playing with Polpak Swiecie. Following that season, he played in the NBA Summer League with the Atlanta Hawks. Not able to make the team, he went back to Europe to play in the Italian Second Division, with Aurora Jesi, during the 2007-08 season. With Jesi, he won the Italian Second Division Cup.
The following season, 2008–09, he played with Teramo Basket in the Italian First Division, and enjoyed great success there, finishing second in the league MVP voting to Terrell McIntyre. After playing in the 2009 NBA Summer League with the Portland Trail Blazers, he signed a three-year contract with the Italian club Montepaschi Siena, but he first joined Virtus Bologna on a sports loan, until the end of the contract's first season.
With Montepaschi Siena, Moss helped the team to win eight national domestic titles; winning 3 Italian League championships (2011, 2012, 2013), 3 Italian Cup titles (2011, 2012, 2013), and 2 Italian Supercup titles (2010, 2011). He was also named an Italian League All-Star for the 2010-11 and 2011-12 seasons.
In October 2010, Moss was accused of sexual assault on a woman. Moss admits he met the woman on a Lufthansa flight in Europe and later went on a date. The woman stated that Moss made advances on her inside the house that were rejected, but later in a secluded car Moss forced himself on her. Bruises were found on the accuser's body; also internal bruises were found by doctors. Moss maintains that he is innocent of all charges.
Awards and accomplishments
- Italian Second Division Cup Champion: (2008)
- 2x Italian Supercup Champion: (2010, 2011)
- 2x Italian League All-Star Game: (2011, 2012)
- 3x Italian Cup Champion: (2011, 2012, 2013)
- 3x Italian League Champion: (2011, 2012, 2013)
Euroleague career statistics
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
- "EA7 EMPORIO ARMANI inks Moss". Euroleague.net. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- "Olimpia Milano announced David Moss". Sportando. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- Gazzetta.it David Moss accusato di stupro Avrebbe violentato una hostess (Italian).
- Blitzquotidiano.it Violenza sessuale: hostess denuncia per stupro il giocatore di basket David Moss (Italian).
- Unionesarda.it Basket: accuse di stupro a un giocatore della Montepaschi Siena (Italian).
- VIP.it Hostess accusa di violenza sessuale un giocatore di basket (Italian).
- Euroleague.net Profile
- Eurobasket.com Profile
- Italian First League Profile (Italian)
- Italian Second League Profile (Italian)
- HighSchoolElite.com: Moss to Indiana State