April 6, 1964 |
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada
Theaker was born in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada. She is best known as Casey Edison on the Lucasfilm science fiction satire Maniac Mansion which ran from 1990 until 1993. In 1985, Theaker graduated from the University of Saskatchewan and later moved to Toronto, where she became a member of The Second City's resident company. Since 1987, She has played roles in various television shows and movies, including The Kids in the Hall, Joey, Desperate Housewives, Rat Race, Entourage, Bones, and Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events as well as the Stargate SG-1 season-eight episode entitled "Citizen Joe." She is a member of Christopher Guest's cinematic repertory company and has appeared in four films and multiple commercials for director Guest. Theaker guest starred in the third season of the acclaimed sitcom Husbands.
She was married to Darren Boyce (divorced December 15, 1995).
Awards and Accolades
Best Supporting Actress nomination at the Down Beach Film Festival for her role as Samantha Andrews in the film GERALD - October 2009 Best Actress nomination at the Cable Ace Awards for her role as Casey Edison in the comedy series MANIAC MANSION - January 1992
- "Deborah Theaker". Internet Movie Database Inc. 1990–2007. Retrieved 2007-10-27.
- Wright, Eddie (July 19, 2013), SDCC 2013: First Look At 'Husbands' Season 3 Guest Stars [EXCLUSIVE], mtv.com, retrieved July 21, 2013
- Deborah Theaker at the Internet Movie Database
- Deborah Theaker profile on Northern Stars
- Second City Toronto - Alumni list
- Gerald - The official film web site
|This article about a Canadian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|