Lohan at the 19th Annual Hamptons International Film Festival, October 15, 2011
|Born||Donata Melina Nicolette Sullivan
September 15, 1962 
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, manager, actress, television personality, former dancer|
|Known for||Reality show Living Lohan|
|Spouse(s)||Michael Lohan (1985–2007)|
|Children||Lindsay Lohan (b. 1986)
Michael, Jr. (b. 1987)
Aliana "Ali" Lohan (b. 1993)
Dakota "Cody" Lohan (b. 1996)
|Relatives||John L. Sullivan (father) (deceased)
Ann Sullivan (mother)
Dina Lohan (née Donata Melina Nicolette Sullivan; born September 15, 1962) is an American television personality and occasional actress who rose to fame as the mother and manager of actress/pop singer Lindsay Lohan, and Lindsay's younger sister Ali Lohan, with whom Dina co-starred in the reality show Living Lohan.
Lohan was born and raised in New York City, to John L. and Ann Sullivan. She has two brothers, Matt and Paul. She is of Italian (from her mother) and Irish descent. Lohan is a former singer and dancer.
Lohan has been the subject of media scrutiny for making her daughter Ali the star of a reality television program, and for her regard to her daughter Lindsay's recovery from drug and alcohol abuse. She has responded to the latter matter by insisting that Lindsay's problems were not her fault, nor those of Lindsay's friends, but were the result of personal choices, for which Lindsay would have to take responsibility, and that Lindsay was in the process of rebuilding her life. She has also been accused of capitalizing on Lindsay's fame and personal struggles in order to launch her own career, having been criticized for bringing cameramen from the entertainment newsmagazine series Entertainment Tonight to film her visiting Lindsay in drug rehabilitation, to the ire of her daughter and the facility staff.
Lohan's claimed career as a Radio City Rockette has also been questioned. According to the New York Post a spokesperson for Radio City asserted that there was no record of Lohan ever being a Rockette, and that executives at Cablevision, which owns Radio City, were indignant that Lohan would claim otherwise.
On August 5, 2008, Anderson Cooper appeared as a guest co-host on the ABC talk show Live with Regis and Kelly, during which he stated, in reference to Living Lohan, "I can't believe I'm wasting a minute of my life watching these horrific people", and remarked that Ali Lohan appeared to be a sixty-year-old. In an interview with OK! magazine, Dina Lohan responded, "people are just cruel...This is bad karma for him". Cooper did not respond directly to Lohan's comments, but clarified that while he felt bad for Ali Lohan, he opined that she should be living the conventional life of a teenager, and not be made to star in a reality television show. Michael Lohan also responded to Cooper's comments, telling Access Hollywood, "I think Anderson Cooper is an opinionated, hypocritical idiot who should be an adult and keep his opinion to himself...He is the last person to judge anyone, when he and his own family have their own issues."
In 1985, she married Michael Lohan. The couple briefly separated in 1988, and later reunited. Dina filed for divorce in 2005. Their divorce was finalized in 2007. He later worked as a former Wall Street trader and businessman who inherited his father's pasta business and has been in trouble with the law on several occasions.[clarification needed] The Lohans have four children: Lindsay (born 1986), Michael (born 1987), Ali (born 1993), and Dakota (born 1996).
- The Boulevard Magazine cover, October 2006
|This section on uncredited roles needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
|1998||The Parent Trap||Woman in Airport||uncredited|
|2003||Freaky Friday||Woman Dancing in the Wedding||uncredited|
|2004||Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen||Woman Walking on the Street||uncredited|
- Living Lohan (2008) TV series .... Herself (2008)
- Entertainment Tonight .... Herself (3 episodes, 2007)
- Entertainment Tonight July 27, 2007 (2007) TV episode .... Herself
- Entertainment Tonight January 22, 2007 (2007) TV episode .... Herself
- Entertainment Tonight January 19, 2007 (2007) TV episode .... Herself
- E! True Hollywood Story .... Herself (1 episode, 2005) - Lindsay Lohan (2005) TV episode .... Herself
- Driven .... Herself (1 episode, 2002) - Lindsay Lohan (2002) TV episode .... Herself
- "Dina Lohan". LivingLohan.tv. Archived from the original on July 11, 2008.
- Lynda Obst (June 2004). "Lindsay Lohan: One of the movies' biggest rising stars goes on the record". Interview magazine (Interview, Inc.). Archived from the original on June 18, 2012. Retrieved August 25, 2009. "Did you even get to go to high school? ... Yes. Up until the 11th grade, when I started home-schooling."
- Mum blames Lindsay. dnaindia.com. May 22, 2008
- Richard Johnson. Lindsay's Mom Hogs Spotlight. New York Post. May 9, 2007
- Richard Johnson. Mom Dina's Missing Career. New York Post, June 6, 2007
- Anderson Cooper Rips Dina Lohan. Mediabistro.com: TVNewser. August 5, 2008
- Anderson Cooper Responds to Dina Lohan. Hollywoodgrind.com. August 6, 2008
- Michael Lohan Responds to Anderson Cooper. hollywoodgrind.com. August 7, 2008
- "Lohan parents’ divorce heats up on Long Island". Associated Press. August 6, 2007. Retrieved November 12, 2008.
- Peretz 2006. "Dina and Michael separated when Lindsay was just three ... But, like many young people in love, Dina took her husband back for a period."
- "Lohan's Parents Reach Divorce Settlement". People. December 2005.
- "Lindsay Lohan's Mother Files For Divorce". Contact Music. January 20, 2005.
- "Lindsay Lohan's Mother Files for Divorce". Fox News. January 19, 2005.
- Katie Thomas (August 10, 2007). "Lohan case illustrates flawed state system". Newsday.
- "Lohan's parents end divorce row". BBC News (BBC). August 18, 2007. Retrieved August 19, 2007.
- "Lindsay Lohan's Dad Gets Prison Sentence". Fox News (Fox Broadcasting Company). May 28, 2005. Retrieved July 3, 2006.
- Vera Chinese , Nancy Dillon and Jennifer H. Cunningham (September 13, 2013). "Dina Lohan arrested for DWI, speeding on Long Island". NYDailyNews.com. Retrieved September 26, 2013.
- Eltman, Frank (September 24, 2013). "Lohan's Mom Pleads Not Guilty to DWI Charge in NY". ABC News Internet Ventures, Yahoo!—ABC News. Retrieved September 26, 2013.