February 28, 1982 |
Evanston, IL, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||198 lb (90 kg; 14 st 2 lb)|
San Antonio Rampage
Hartford Wolf Pack
|NHL Draft||161st overall, 2002
Dov Grumet-Morris (born February 28, 1982) is an American professional ice hockey goaltender currently an unrestricted free agent. He most recently played for the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL)
Grumet-Morris played collegiately at Harvard University before turning professional in 2005. He was part of the Central Hockey League's Laredo Bucks championship team in 2005–06. In 2006–07 he played for the ECHL's Cincinnati Cyclones, earning call-ups to the AHL's Portland Pirates, Hamilton Bulldogs, and Manitoba Moose.
He was signed to a contract by the National Hockey League's Nashville Predators on July 2, 2007. He started the season with the Cyclones and played the second half on call-up to the Milwaukee Admirals.
For the 2008–09 season Grumet-Morris signed with Graz 99ers of the Erste Bank Hockey League. On August 31, 2009 he went back to North America and signed with the Utah Grizzlies. He was signed by the Hartford Wolf Pack on October 18, 2010. The Wolf Pack changed their name to the Connecticut Whale part way through the season.
After performing admirably for the San Antonio Rampage during the 2011–12 season, Grumet-Morris was signed to a one-year contract with NHL affiliate, the Florida Panthers on July 1, 2012. On December 13, 2013, in the 2013-14 season, Grumet-Morris was traded to the Hartford Wolf Pack for future considerations.
Dov has played in the World Jewish Championships in Israel twice, in 2007 and 2009. He won the gold medal both times and beat Canada 6–0 in the 09 Gold Medal Game.
Awards and honors
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||2004–05|
|ECAC Hockey All-Tournament Team||2003|||
|AHCA East Second-Team All-American||2004–05|
|ECAC Hockey All-Tournament Team||2004|||
- "Professional Hockey Review: 2010–11; Minor Leagues". Jewish Sports Review 8 (87): 7–8. September/October 2011, accessed September 15, 2011. Check date values in:
- Dov Grumet-Morris. "Harvard: Dov Grumet-Morris". Gocrimson.com. Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- Preds sign prospects Santorelli, Laakso and Grumet-Morris[dead link]
- "Wolf Pack Sign Goaltender Dov Grumet-Morris to PTO". Oursportscentral.com. October 18, 2010. Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- "Going for Quality of Quantity". Florida Panthers. July 1, 2012. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- "Wolf Pack acquire Grumet-Morris". Hartford Wolf Pack. 2013-12-13. Retrieved 2013-12-13.
- "All-Tournament Honors". ECAC Hockey. Retrieved 2014-05-12.