October 14, 1932 |
Greenwich, Connecticut, US
Dyanne Thorne (born October 14, 1932, in Greenwich, Connecticut, US) is an American actress, nude model for pin-up magazines, and former Las Vegas showgirl. She is best known for starring in four "Ilsa" sexploitation movies that influenced the Nazi exploitation film genre.
Thorne first appeared as "Lahna Monroe" in the 1964 sexploitation film Sin in the Suburbs from grindhouse director Joseph W. Sarno. Her co-star, Audrey Campbell, would soon star as the dominatrix Olga in a series of "roughie" films (Olga's House of Shame, et al.). Thorne continued to make exploitation films and sex comedies such as Love Me Like I Do (1970) and Wam-Bam, Thank You, Spaceman (1973) before attaining notoriety as Ilsa, a cruel Nazi dominatrix similar to Campbell's Olga. Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (1974) was a surprise hit that spawned three sequels and a flood of imitators.
Despite the fact that Ilsa was killed at the end of the film, she was resurrected for a sequel, Ilsa, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks. This was set in the Middle East in an unspecified post-war time period. This was followed by Ilsa, the Tigress of Siberia with Ilsa as the sadistic and over-sexed leader of a Russian gulag in 1953. The last film, Ilsa, the Wicked Warden takes place in a corrupt Latin American "banana republic".
Today she and her husband Howard Maurer (both had roles in five of the same movies) are ordained ministers, who own an alternative wedding business in Las Vegas, Nevada. They conduct scenic outdoor weddings as an alternative to a traditional wedding chapel.
- Sin in the Suburbs (1964), Yvette Talman
- Point of Terror (1971), Andrea
- The Erotic Adventures of Pinocchio (1971), Fairy Godmother
- Blood Sabbath (1972), Alotta
- Snatched Women (1974)
- Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS (1974), Ilsa
- The Swinging Barmaids (1975)
- Ilsa, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks (1976), Ilsa
- Beyond Fulfillment (1976)
- Ilsa, the Tigress of Siberia (1977), Ilsa
- Ilsa, the Wicked Warden (1977) aka Greta the Torturer
- Hellhole (1985)
- Real Men (1987), Dad Pirandello
- Felony Squad (1966), Diana Porter - in the episode "The Terror Trap"
- Felony Squad (1966), Miss Lucas - in the episode "Miss Reilly's Revenge"
- Star Trek (1968), First Girl - in the episode "A Piece of the Action"
- Space (TV mini-series) (1985), Entertainer
- Sarracino, Carmine; Scott, Kevin M. (2008). The Porning Of America: The Rise Of Porn Culture, What It Means, And Where We Go From Here. Beacon Press. p. 78. ISBN 978-0-8070-6153-4. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- Steve Graf and Randy Waage (2007). "A retroCRUSH INTERVIEW WITH THE STAR OF THE "ILSA" MOVIES". Retrocrush. Retrieved 2007-09-30. "My earned degree is as a professor of comparative religions."
- "A SCENIC WEDDING... The Alternative To A Chapel Wedding". Retrieved 2007-09-30.
- "Wicked Vision Dyanne Thorne Article".
- "Dyanne Thorne Biography on IMDB".
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Dyanne Thorne|