Ek: The Power of One
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010)|
|Ek: The Power of One|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Sangeeth Sivan|
|Produced by||Jaswant Khera|
|Screenplay by||Sameer Arora
|Story by||Pankaj Trivedi
|Music by||Pritam Chakraborty|
|Edited by||Chirag Jain|
|Distributed by||K Sera Sera
|Box office||Rs. 60 million|
Nandu (Bobby Deol) an orphan turned assassin somehow gets wrongly accused of a politician's murder and is on the run. On his escapade on a train he meets Puran (Akshay Kapoor), who is homebound after fourteen years, they get chatting and Nandu finds all about his joint family and the wedding of Puran's sister that he is going to attend.
However the police catch up with Nandu on the train and shoot at him but Puran gets hit accidentally and dies on the spot. Nandu goes to Puran's family home in his village to return his grandfathers watch and also to break the news of his grandson's death to him. However it turns out that Puran's family mistakes Nandu for Puran and makes him a part of the celebration at home. He thinks that it is his responsibility to fulfill the deeds the Puran had to fulfill.
Preet (Shriya Saran), who is the daughter of Puran's grandfather's friend is in awe of Nandu and falls in love with him. CBI Inspector Rane (Nana Patekar), is given the responsibility of tracking down the killer and is after Nandu.
At the end, Nandu realizes that his friend Shekar (Pradeep Kharab) is behind everything. He has a tape of his innocence and gives it to Inspector Rane. He then goes back to Puran's family and lives with them.
- Nana Patekar as CBI Inspector NandKumar Rane
- Bobby Deol as Nandkumar 'Nandu' Sharma / 'Fake' Puran Singh
- Shriya Saran as Preet
- Jackie Shroff as Savte (Special Appearance)
- Kulbhushan Kharbanda as Kripal Singh
- Zarina Wahab as Gayatri bua
- Akshay Kapoor as Puran Singh
- Gurpreet Ghuggi as Guru
- Rana Ranbir as Dev
- Sachin Khedekar as Anna Mhatre
- Pradeep Kharab as Shekhar
- Raghuveer Yadav as Joshi
- Preeti Bhutani as Nandni
- Jaspal Bhatti as Amrik Singh Nasa
- Upasna Singh as Manjit bua
- Sanjay Mishra as Advocate Parminder Singh
- Ritu Vij as Balbir bua
- Anant Jog as Police Inspector
- Chunky Pandey as Balli
- Rana Jung Bahadur as Chaudhary
- Shishir Sharma as CBI Chief
- Simran Deepali as Channo
- "Dashavtaar Opens To A Poor Response". Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network. 18 April 2009. Retrieved 18 April 2009.