Database management system
|Founded||San Francisco, California, USA (1993)|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, USA|
|Key people||Wayne D. Williams, Chief Executive Officer|
|Products||RAD Studio XE, Delphi, C++Builder, JBuilder, RadPHP, Delphi Prism, InterBase, DBArtisan, Rapid SQL, Change Manager, ER/Studio, Performance Center, 3rdRail, TurboRuby, etc.|
|Revenue||100M $ (2008)|
|Owner(s)||Thoma Cressey Bravo|
Embarcadero Technologies is an American computer software company that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of products and services related to software through its various dynamic product divisions. Founded in October 1993 by Stephen Wong and Stuart Browning with a single database tool for Sybase DBAs released in December of the same year Rapid SQL, it later added tools for software development on Microsoft Windows and other operating systems, and for database design, development and management, for platforms including Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Sybase and MySQL.
In April 2000 Embarcadero Technologies was listed on NASDAQ. In November the same year, the company acquired GDPro, a UML design solution provider. In October 2005 Embarcadero acquired data security business Ambeo. In June 2007, Thoma Cressey Bravo bought Embarcadero, and it became a private company. Wayne Williams was appointed chief executive officer of Embarcadero Technologies in 2007.
On May 7, 2008 Borland Software Corporation announced that its software development tools division, CodeGear, was to be sold to Embarcadero Technologies for an expected $23 million price and $7 million in CodeGear accounts receivables retained by Borland. The acquisition closed on 30 June 2008 for approximately $24.5 million. In 2011, the company launched AppWave, an enterprise app store for PCs. The platform supports Embarcadero software, popular commercial titles and free and open source apps.
The company headquarters is in San Francisco, California, USA with other offices in Toronto, Melbourne, Munich, Maidenhead (United Kingdom) Alicante (Spain) and Iaşi (Romania). As of 2012[update] the company had an annual revenue of $US100 million, and about 400 employees.
Database products 
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (June 2009)|
- Rapid SQL is a cross-platform SQL IDE, launched in December 1993.
- DBArtisan is a cross-platform database administration tool for data availability, performance, and security, launched in April 1994.
- ER/Studio is a data-modelling tool for database design, launched in March 1996.
- Change Manager is a database change management tool for Windows and Linux launched in March 1999, which allows database schema versions to be compared, monitored, and altered. The tool also supports comparisons and synchronization for data and configuration settings.
- Performance Center is a tool to monitor database performance, launched in March 2001.
- EA/Studio is a tool for modelling how a business operates.
- Schema Examiner is a database schema tool to review and find design errors in a database schema.
- PowerSQL is an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for SQL application development with native support for IBM DB2 for LUW, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase, and JDBC, available as a stand-alone application or an Eclipse plugin.
- DBOptimizer is an SQL profiling and tuning IDE tool.
- InterBase is a relational database management system (RDBMS) developed and marketed by CodeGear as of 2011[update] which runs on the Linux, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Solaris operating systems.
- AppWave is an enterprise app store for PCs that provides a mobile-like experience for desktops.
Application development products 
- Delphi is a rapid application development (RAD) environment and object-oriented dialect of the Pascal programming language, developed from Turbo Pascal. Delphi runs on Microsoft Windows, and produces applications for Windows, Mac OS X, and Apple computer portable devices.
- C++Builder is equivalent to Delphi, but based on the C++ programming language instead of Pascal, using the Delphi Visual Component Library and a native C++ compiler. Most components developed in Delphi can be used in C++Builder with no modification, although the reverse is not true.
- Delphi Prism is a rapid application development tool for the Microsoft .NET Framework and Mono, developed by Embarcadero Technologies and RemObjects Software.
- Embarcadero RAD Studio is a rapid application development package which includes Delphi, C++Builder and Delphi Prism, for building native Windows, .NET, Web, and database applications.
- RadPHP, formerly Delphi for PHP, is an IDE and rapid application development framework for PHP. The VCL for PHP class library includes many components that can be used dynamically with each other.
- 3rdRail is an integrated development environment for Ruby on Rails.
- JBuilder is a Java IDE built on the open source Eclipse framework.
- CodeWright is an integrated development environment for Microsoft .NET, Borland Delphi and C++Builder. CodeWright can share code with other developers real-time. It is no longer maintained but a commercial license is still available.
- Embarcadero Technologies finding from Embarcadero.com
- Stephen Wong listed as Co-founder from allbusiness.com
- Cressey Bravo Acquires Embarcadero Technologies, edaweek.com, October 30, 2007
- Silicon Valley Technology News, Embarcadero Technologies buys CodeGear
- Bravo, Thoma (2008-07-01). "Embarcadero Technologies Closes Acquisition of CodeGear". Retrieved 2008-07-03.
- Gardner, Dana. "Embarcadero brings self-service app store model to enterprises to target PCs and their universe of software". ZDNet.
- List of Embarcadero Technologies offices from Embarcadero.com
- Embarcadero Technologies About Us section from Embarcadero.com