Emma Rendel, born 1976 in Uppsala is a Swedish graphic novel author, artist and illustrator who lives and works in Stockholm.
Emma Rendel studied Illustration at Central St Martins and Communication Arts and Design at the Royal College of Art, London. Her graphic stories been published in magazines such as Galago, Icon magazine, Le Gun and Art Review, and her illustrations have been used by among others, Time Out, Form and Battersea Arts Centre. Rendel has participated in various exhibitions including COMICA at the Institute of Contemporary Arts, London, 2008 and Cut my legs off and call me shorty! at Tensta Konsthall, 2009.
Rendel is credited with coining the term "awkwardist" in an article by Paul Gravett, originally published in Art Review, London.
- Allt Är Allrajt (Published by Kartago Förlag, Stockholm, 2009)(Swedish language)(ISBN 978-91-86003-25-8)
- Pentti and Deathgirl (Published by Jonathan Cape, London, 2009)(ISBN 978-0-224-08506-9)
- The Akwardists (Self published, London, 2006)
- Deathgirls Birthday (Self published, London, 2005)
- Deathgirls Diary 2 (Self published, London, 2005)
- Deathgirls Diary 1 (Self published, London, 2005)
- ^ www.iconeye.com Icon Magazine Story
- ^ www.paulgravett.com Article by Paul Gravett on his website.
- ^ www.artreviewdigital.com Original Article(Issue: March 2009, Pg 25)