|Traded as||NASDAQ: FALC|
|Founded||New York, 2000|
|Headquarters||Melville, New York, USA|
(President and CEO)
(Chief Financial Officer)
FalconStor was co-founded in 2000 in New York by Computer Associates veterans ReiJane Huai and Wayne Lam. In 2007 the company started a joint-venture with the Chinese Academy of Sciences for the Blue Whale file system. The joint venture was named Tianjin Zhongke Blue Whale Information Technologies Company, located in Tianjin, China. FalconStor was listed at #5 in the Forbes 2008 list of 25 fastest growing technology companies. In August 2009, FalconStor, in a joint-venture with Nexsan to create the co-branded DeDupe SG. In 2011 CRN added FalconStor to their List of 25 “Need to Know: Storage Vendors”.
In 2012, the company has agreed to pay $5.8 US million as part as a federal investigation settlement, after it has admitted that its employees gave more than $300,000 in bribes to executives at JPMorgan Chase with restricted stock shares and golf memberships in exchange for contracts. The company was further charged with falsifying its corporate books and records associated with the bribery.
On July 23, 2013, Falconstor announced that it had named Gary Quinn as the President and CEO. He is still currently the CEO.
FalconStor's Software includes Virtual Tape Library (VTL) with data deduplication, Continuous Data Protector (CDP), File-interface Deduplication System (FDS) and Network Storage Server (NSS), each enabled with WAN-optimized replication for disaster recovery and remote office protection. Recently FalconStor started to offer a clustered file system called HyperFS, which has been designed to address storage issues related to applications requiring high performance and very low latency, such as those commonly found in media and entertainment markets.
FalconStor's founding CEO, ReiJane Huai, was named Entrepreneur Of The Year for the Metro New York Region in 2009 by Ernst & Young. In 2011 FalconStor was granted HP AllianceONE program Partner of the Year Award in the category of HP Converged Infrastructure Solutions – Government.
- "FalconStor Software Names Gary Quinn President and Chief Executive Officer". 23 July 2013. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "FalconStor Software Announced Comprehensive Upgrade Of Its Suite Of Data Protection Solutions". FNN online. October 27, 2007. Retrieved August 22, 2011.
- LIBN Staff (February 15, 2002). "Talent pool". Long Island Business News. Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- "EXECUTIVE PROFILE: ReiJane Huai". Bloomberg Businessweek. January 15, 2012. Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- "EXECUTIVE PROFILE: Wayne Lam". Bloomberg Businessweek. January 15, 2012. Retrieved January 15, 2012.
- James Rogers (October 27, 2007). "FalconStor Launches China Venture". Network Computing. Retrieved July 15, 2011.
- John J. Ray; Paul M. Murdock (January 24, 2008). "America's 25 Fastest-Growing Tech Companies". Forbes.com. Retrieved December 23, 2011.
- "Nexsan, Falconstor team up for a greener data dedupe process".
- "Nexsan and Falconstor outspin Data Domain".
- "2011 Need To Know: Storage Vendors". CRN.
- FalconStor Bribed JPMorgan Chase Executives, Data Storage Company Fined Millions. Huffington Post. 06/28/2012
- "SEC Charges Falconstor for bribery". June 29, 2012. Retrieved Jul 16, 2013.
- "The Digital Property Group ‘streets ahead’ with first live European implementation of FalconStor HyperFS". Retail Technology Review. May 13, 2010. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "FalconStor Announces HyperFS™ File System for Media and Entertainment Market". ShareCG. April 15, 2010. Retrieved January 13, 2012.
- "FalconStor And SeaChange Enter Into Strategic OEM Partnership – Enable New Product Offering For The Media And Entertainment Market". thestreet.com. 04/12/10. Retrieved January 13, 2012. Check date values in:
- "FalconStor CEO Named Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2009 Award Finalist". Bloomberg.
- "2011 HP AllianceONE Partner Awards". HP.