Falls Township, Hocking County, Ohio
|Falls Township, Ohio|
|— Township —|
|• Total||50.1 sq mi (129.8 km2)|
|• Land||49.6 sq mi (128.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.2 km2)|
|Elevation||728 ft (222 m)|
|• Density||229.8/sq mi (88.7/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086317|
Falls Township is one of the eleven townships of Hocking County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 11,409 people in the township, 5,010 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Falls Township consists of two disconnected portions in the center and northeast of the county, separated by a short distance. While many Ohio townships are composed of disjointed pieces due to municipal annexations, separation only by other townships is very uncommon.
Its northeastern portion (known as The Gore, or simply Gore) borders the following townships:
- Monday Creek Township, Perry County - north
- Coal Township, Perry County - east
- Ward Township - southeast
- Green Township - south
- Marion Township - west
Its southwestern portion borders the following townships:
- Marion Township - north
- Green Township - east
- Starr Township - southeast
- Washington Township - south
- Laurel Township - west
- Good Hope Township - northwest
Name and history 
Statewide, the only other Falls Township is located in Muskingum County.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Hocking County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.