The Farnham Knights American Football Club (formerly Southern Seminoles, Personal Assurance Knights/PA Knights) are a British American Football club based in Farnham, Surrey. The Club comprises three teams; the Farnham Knights Seniors (20+), the Farnham Knights Juniors (16 - 19) and the Farnham Knights Youth (14 - 17). The Farnham Knights Seniors play in the National Division South of the British American Football Association National Leagues and were the Britbowl champions in 2004.
The Farnham Knights were founded in 1984, playing their first game in 1985 as the Farnham Knights. The franchise joined the Budweiser league in 1986.
During 1994 the Farnham Knights merged with the Hampshire Cavaliers and were renamed the Southern Seminoles. Personal Assurance stepped in during 1997 to sponsor the side which led to the return of the Knights moniker, the Personal Assurance Knights. In 2007, MH Football Shop took over the main sponsorship of the club, to rename them the Farnham MH Knights.
In 2008, a new main sponsor, Fast Lane, stepped in with a two-year deal. The team were then known as the Farnham Fast Lane Knights.
League Placing and Catchment
As the only club in the Blackwater Valley Farnham Knights has drawn players from across Surrey and Hampshire, within 20 miles (32 km) are Woking, Guildford, Farnborough, Aldershot, Bracknell and Basingstoke. The club is the only one in the county of Surrey.
All games are played at Farnham Rugby Club from 2013, the first season in the club's history that it has been based in the town of Farnham itself after only playing 1 game at Farnham Rugby Club's old ground in Wrecclesham.
- BSL Div 2 Conference Champions 1987
- BNGL National Bowl Runners-Up 1992
- National Passball Champions 1993
- BSL Div 2 Conference Champions 1994
- BYAFA Youth National Runner-up 1994 (1)
- BYAFA Youth National Champions 1996 (1)
- BSL Div 2 Conference Champions 1997
- BYAFA Youth National Runner-up 1998 (1)
- BSL Div 2 National Champions 2000
- BSL Div 2 Conference Champions 2000
- BSL Div 1 National Championship Runners-Up 2002
- EFAF Cup Runners Up 2004
- BSL Div 1 Southern Conference Champions 2004
- BAFL National Championship Winners 2004
- BAFL Div 1 Southern Conference Champions 2005
- BAFL Div 1 National Championship Runners up 2005
- BAFL Div 1 National Championship Winners 2007
- BAFL Youth National Championship Runners up 2007 (1)
- BAFL Youth National Championship Winners 2009 (1)
- BAFANL Youth South West Conference Champions 2013
- BAFANL Juniors Southern Conference Champions 2014
- BAFANL Juniors National Championship Runners up 2014
(1) Prior to 2011, the term "Youth" was for 16-19 year olds. Since 2011, Youth is for 14-17 year olds and Juniors is for 16-19 year olds.