From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Flanders District of Creativity or Flanders DC is a non-profit organization founded by the Flemish government, on 7 May 2004, to make the Flemish economy more competitive through creativity, entrepreneurship, and further internationalization.
- Research: analysis of the role of creativity in the economic growth of a region, and how companies and organisations can get to more creativity and innovation (Flanders Knowledge center in collaboration with Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School and Antwerp Management School).
- Creating awareness: stimulating policy makers, the general public, companies and schools to tap into their creative potential.
- Internationalization of creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship through collaboration with 13 other Districts of Creativity (DC). Besides Flanders, these DCs are Baden-Württemberg (Germany), Catalunya (Spain), Central Denmark (Denmark), Karnataka (India), Lombardy (Italy), Nord-Pas-de-Calais (France), Oklahoma (US), Qingdao (China), Rhône-Alpes (France), Rio de Janeiro (Brasil), Scotland (United Kingdom), Shanghai (China), and Tampere (Finland).
- Creativity World Forum (The DC's meet @ the CWF)
- GPS brainstorming kit (idea generation tool)
- Flanders DC Fellows (50 entrepreneurs, managers testify on creative entrepreneurship in schools)
- De Bedenkers (TV Show in collaboration with Flanders DC)
- SOS Idee (free first-aid service for people with an idea or invention)
- The Future Summit (Event on trends)
- Science and technology in Flanders
- Institute for the promotion of Innovation by Science and Technology
- Flanders Investment and Trade
- SIRRIS, knowledge centre for the technology industry
- Flanders DC (Flanders DC website and creativity portal)
- Creativity World Forum
- De Bedenkers
- The Future Summit
- www.flandersdc.com is a hoax. The domain names FLANDERSDC.COM, FLANDERSDC.NET, FLANDERSDC.ORG and FLANDERS-DC.COM are the exclusive intellectual property of REDVERTISING SL. Redvertising has copied content and adapted the old Flanders DC logo from the old flandersdc.be in order to look a little bit like the original. These domains have nothing to do with Flanders District of Creativity, the organisation described in this article.