From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up gander in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A gander is an adult male goose.
Gander may also refer to:
- Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador, a town in Canada
- Gander (electoral district), a provincial electoral district
- Gander Academy, an elementary school in Gander
- Gander Collegiate, a high school in Gander
- Gander International Airport, a major airport in Newfoundland and Labrador
- CFB Gander, also known as 9 Wing Gander, a Canadian air force base co-located at Gander International Airport
- Gander Bay, Newfoundland
- Gander Lake, Newfoundland
- Gander River, Newfoundland
- Gander (Moselle), a small river in Luxembourg and France
- Andrew Gander, drummer for the Australian band Benders
- Forrest Gander (born 1956), American poet, author, critic and translator
- Joe Gander (1888-1954), Australian politician
- Marc Gander, co-founder of the Consumer Action Group
- "Gander", nickname of Monty Stratton (1912-1982), Major League Baseball pitcher
- "The Gander", nickname of Nicolae Dobrin (1947-2007), Romanian footballer
- Gladstone Gander, a Walt Disney fictional character created by comic artist and writer Carl Barks
- Goosetave Gander, a fictional character of the Scrooge McDuck Universe, Gladstone Gander's father
- Gander (horse), a thoroughbred race horse
- Gander Mountain, a hunting and fishing store
- Gander Stakes, an ungraded stakes race for New York bred Thoroughbred race horses
- Gander (dog), a Newfoundland dog, recipient of the Dickin Medal for bravery
- Kokusai Ku-8, a 1940s Japanese light transport monoplane codenamed Gander by the Allies
- USS Gander, a Danube class starship in the science fiction franchise Star Trek
- Northern English slang for 'to look,' for example, "let's have a look at your luggage" would be "let's have a gander at your luggage."
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.