Conway, circa 1969
|Born||Gareth Monello Carmody
February 4, 1936
|Years active||1957 - present|
|Spouse(s)||Marian McKnight Conway|
Conway was born Gareth Monello Carmody in Boston, Massachusetts. His most notable credits include a co-starring role with Gene Barry in the detective series Burke's Law from 1963-1965. In addition, he starred in the Irwin Allen sci-fi series Land of the Giants from 1968-1970.
Conway has been married for many years to Marian McKnight, who is Miss America, 1957. They first met while students at the University of California, Los Angeles, where Conway studied art. The couple has two children. They have worked together in film production and writing and own a winery called Carmody McKnight.
Conway's film credits include Once Is Not Enough, I Was a Teenage Frankenstein as the monster, and How to Make a Monster, In 1958, he was cast with Richard Beymer in the episode "Man Hunt" of the western aviation television series, Sky King, with Kirby Grant and Gloria Winters.
In 1960, Conway appeared as Lt. Charles Williams in the episode "Absent Without Leave" of the ABC/Warner Brothers western series, Colt .45, starring Wayde Preston. Tyler McVey was in the guest cast as Col. Ben Williams, and Steve Brodie also appeared in the episode. He also appeared in 1960 in three episodes under the names of different characters on the ABC/WB crime drama, Bourbon Street Beat, starring Andrew Duggan. In 1966 Conway made an unsuccessful television pilot Assault! a spinoff from Combat! about the US Marine Corps in the Pacific.
Conway starred with Bette Davis in the 1972 television movie The Judge and Jake Wyler. He starred in Woman's Story, which he also wrote and directed. In 1973, Conway was featured in Playgirl magazine's August issue.
- "Carmody McKnight Winemakers".
- Railey, Raven J. (1999-07-18). "Paso Robles, Calif., Wine Maker Puts Artwork on Labels.". Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News.
- "Miss America: Road to Success or Heartbreak?".
- "Miss America, an exclusive sisterhood".
- "Movies Today".
- "Colt .45". ctva.biz. Retrieved December 22, 2012.
- "Gary Conway". Internet Movie Data Base. Retrieved January 21, 2013.
- Terrace, Vincent Encyclopedia of Television Pilots, 1937-2012 McFarland, 01/01/2013
- "'Farmer' Strictly from Hunger".
|This article about a United States film and television actor or actress born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|