|Occupation||Film director, television director|
Gary Weis is a film and television director. He was a creator of short films for Saturday Night Live along with Albert Brooks and Tom Schiller. Weis also directed the documentary 80 Blocks from Tiffany's.
In the 1980s, he married Kathryn Ireland, a future decorator star of the Bravo reality-television series Million Dollar Decorators. Together, the two "conceptualized" music videos for Toto's "Without Your Love," The Bangles' "Walk Like an Egyptian", Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me Al" and others.
- Jimi Hendrix (1973)
- Saturday Night Live (1975-1977) (TV)
- The Beach Boys: It's OK (1976) (TV)
- Diary of a Young Comic (1977) (TV)
- The Rutles: All You Need Is Cash (1978) (TV)
- Steve Martin: A Wild and Crazy Guy (1978) (TV)
- 80 Blocks From Tiffany's (1979)
- Wholly Moses! (1980)
- Young Lust (1984)
- Action Family (1986) (TV)
- C.C.P.D. (1992) (TV)
- L.A. Law (1993) (TV)
- The Bangles - Walk Like an Egyptian/Walking Down Your Street
- George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
- Paul Simon - Call Me Al
- "Gary Weis". The New York Times.
- Phanor-Faury, Alexandra (October 25, 2010). "Director Gary Weis on His Influential, Long-Lost Doc '80 Blocks from Tiffany’s'". BlackBook.
- Barrera, Sandra (May 28, 2011). "'Million Dollar Decorator' Kathryn Ireland Went from Film to Fabrics — See Her Santa Monica Home". Daily News (Los Angeles). Archived from the original on January 6, 2012. Retrieved January 6, 2012.
- "Beach Boy's Special". The New York Times.
|This biographical article related to film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|