At the Cannonball Rally, Dublin 2010
14 May 1985 |
|Known for||Model, appearing on Celebrity Big Brother 2012|
Georgia Salpa was born in Athens to an Irish mother and Greek father. When Georgia was four years old the family moved to Dublin, where she was raised in the suburb of Killiney. She is the eldest of four children, having two sisters and one brother.
In secondary school she was, in her own words, "a bit of a nerd...always very thin and had really curly afro hair and had to wear glasses and a patch over one eye". After school she backpacked the globe for two years, visiting more than 30 countries, which included India, Thailand, Costa Rica, Brazil, Australia and Hong Kong.
Salpa began modelling at 2 years old after being scouted in Florida, and has undertaken modelling assignments for various publications. She has made TV appearances on such programmes as The Podge and Rodge Show, Republic of Telly, Celebrity Salon and Catwalk to Kilimanjaro. She played a role as herself on Republic of Telly. In August 2009 after posing in a bikini for a controversial photoshoot for Food & Wine magazine alongside chef Neven Maguire, the magazine apologised after complaints on Liveline.
Salpa has since moved to the United Kingdom, where she participated in the Channel 5 show Celebrity Big Brother where she was the third housemate evicted. While in the house she dismissed her relationship with Calum Best as "a simple fling". She was up for eviction on the first turn but defeated Andrew Stone to secure her stay in the house. She then faced eviction for a second time following the third round of nominations after fellow housemate Kirk Norcross nominated her for resisting his advances. She was evicted on that occasion.
In May 2012 Salpa finished 5th in FHM's 100 sexiest women poll. Since then Salpa has grown hugely popular and is now regularly featured on FHM. Salpa became the cover girl for FHM's 100 sexiest women 2013.
- Sheridan, Emily (16 May 2012). "There's no need to ask why she's the 5th sexiest woman in the world! Georgia Salpa shows off her sexy curves in Marbs". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2 July 2012.
- "Cover Girls: Georgia Salpa". FHM.
- Fennell, Hilary (10 December 2011). "This much I know: Georgia Salpa". Irish Examiner. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
- Georgia suns hot bod for lucky fella Joe
- "How a shy Greek girl became an Irish phenomenon". Sunday Independent (Independent News & Media). 8 August 2010. Retrieved 8 January 2012.
- "Ad campaign with Georgia Salpa misses the mark", Greek Gateway. Retrieved 7 January 2012.
- "New Celebrity Big Brother begins". RTÉ Ten. 6 January 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Celebrities go into Big Brother house". BBC News. 6 January 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- Ryan, Alexandra (9 January 2012). "Georgia's crude language on live tv as Big Brother turns sour for her: HURT: Bad boy slams model as 'crass' over claims on Big Brother". Evening Herald (Independent News & Media). Retrieved 9 January 2012.
- "Andrew Stone is first out of CBB". RTÉ Ten. 12 January 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2012.
- "Salpa faces Celeb Big Bro eviction". RTÉ Ten. 15 January 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- "Salpa gets Celeb Big Brother boot". RTÉ Ten. 19 January 2012. Retrieved 19 January 2012.
- MCCORMACK, KIRSTY (2 May 2012). "Looking mean in aubergines! Georgia Salpa wears vegetable-print dress as she manages No. 5 in FHM's sexiest woman list". Daily Mail. Retrieved 28 June 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Georgia Salpa.|