Grant's First Stand
|Grant's First Stand|
|Studio album by Grant Green|
|Recorded||January 28, 1961
Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs
|Grant Green chronology|
Grant's First Stand is the debut album by American jazz guitarist Grant Green featuring performances by Green recorded and released on the Blue Note label in 1961. Earlier recordings made by Green for Blue Note were released as First Session in 2001.
The Allmusic review by Steve Huey awarded the album 4½ stars and stated "Grant's First Stand still ranks as one of his greatest pure soul-jazz outings, a set of killer grooves laid down by a hard-swinging organ trio".
- All compositions by Grant Green except as indicated
- "Miss Ann's Tempo" – 5:38
- "Lullaby of the Leaves" (Bernice Petkere, Joe Young) – 7:41
- "Blues for Willareen" – 7:08
- "Baby's Minor Lope" (Baby Face Willette) – 7:19
- "'Tain't Nobody's Bizness If I Do" (Porter Grainger) – 4:26
- "A Wee Bit O'Green" – 7:49