|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2009)|
|Born||Gregory Byrne Whitby
1 August 1952
Sydney, NSW, Australia
|Gregory B Whitby|
Gregory Byrne Whitby is an Australian educator. He is the Executive Director of Schools in the Catholic Diocese of Parramatta, NSW.
21st Century Learning
He is the author of Educating Gen Wi-fi, which argues for the need to rethink the nature of learning and teaching in a connected world. Whitby appeared in a public service announcement with Daniel H. Pink (author of Whole New Mind) and other key thinkers on re-imagining schooling for the 21st century.
In 2007, Whitby was named as the most innovative and creative educator in Australia by the Bulletin Magazine in its annual Smart 100 Awards. In the same year, he received a Presidential Citation from the Australian Council for Educational Leaders (ACEL) of which he has been a Fellow since 2002. In 2011, he presented the AW Jones Oration for the Australian College of Educators, South Australian branch on the changing nature of schooling in today’s world.
Whitby was also made an Apple Distinguished Educator "for his contribution to the implementation of Learning Technologies in Education".
In 2012, Whitby received a Papal Knighthood in the Order of St Gregory the Great for his contribution to Catholic schooling.
- Edwards, Hannah (9 October 2006). "E-volution of schools". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2008-07-12. (includes photo of Whitby)
- ABC Radio: Greg Whitby - Reframing school in the 21st century. Friday, 29 June 2007. 2:38pm AEST
- $1.9m boost. Parramatta Sun. 28 May 2008
- "$96,000 raised for cancer". Bega District News. 13 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-12.
- Funky School. The Weekend Australian. 10-11 September 2011