|Full name||Gurinder Singh Sandhu|
14 June 1993 |
Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia
|Bowling style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Only ODI (cap 206)||18 January 2015 v India|
|ODI shirt no.||28|
|Domestic team information|
|2012–||New South Wales|
|Source: Cricinfo, 20 January 2015|
A tall fast bowler, Sandhu played for the Australia Under-19 cricket team in the 2012 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup. He made his senior cricket debut for the Sydney Thunder in the 2011–12 Big Bash League season. He made his List A and First-class cricket debut for New South Wales at the end of the 2012–2013 Australian cricket season.
Sandhu, born in Blacktown, New South Wales, is the first male cricketer of Indian ancestry to represent Australia in an international tournament.[notes 1] His parents emigrated to Australia in the 1980s. In March 2013, Sandhu was voted the Australian Cricketers' Association player of the month.
Gurinder Sandhu was recently selected for IPL-08 Auction for Delhi Daredevils team
- Two Indian–born Caucasian Australians have previously played Test cricket for Australia, Bransby Cooper in the first ever Test match and Rex Sellers in 1964.("Gurinder Sandhu not the first Aussie selected of Indian origin". 15 January 2015.) Fellow New South Wales fast bowler, Stuart Clark is of Anglo-Indian ancestry.(S. Muthaih (8 May 2006). "The Clarks and the Booseys".)
- Gurinder Sandhu - Cricinfo profile
- ICC Under-19 World Cup 2012 / Australia squad
- Gurinder Sandhu – CricketArchive. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- Indian origin teen sensation Gurinder Sandhu set to help Oz under-19 team
- Coverdale, Brydon. "Emerging Sandhu wins another award". www.ESPNCricinfo.com. Retrieved 14 April 2013.
- "Sandhu to debut, India to bat in ODI". AAP. 18 January 2015.
- Player profile: Gurinder Sandhu from ESPNcricinfo
- Player profile: Gurinder Sandhu from CricketArchive
- Gurinder Sandhu on Twitter