|No. 63, 60|
|Date of birth:||February 28, 1947|
|Place of birth:||Walnut Hill, Florida|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school:||Walnut Hill (FL) Ernest Ward|
|NFL draft:||1969 / Round: 5 / Pick: 109|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Guy Durell Dennis, Jr. (born February 28, 1947) is an American former college and professional football player who was an offensive lineman in the National Football League (NFL) for seven seasons during the 1960s and 1970s. Dennis played college football for the University of Florida, and received All-American honors. Thereafter, he played professionally for the Cincinnati Bengals and the Detroit Lions of the NFL.
Dennis received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played guard for coach Ray Graves' Florida Gators football team from 1966 to 1968. He was a first-team All-Southeastern Conference (SEC) selection in 1967 and 1968, a first-team All-American in 1968, and a team captain in 1968. He was also the recipient of the Gators' Fergie Ferguson Award, recognizing the "senior football player who displays outstanding leadership, character and courage."
While he was an undergraduate, Dennis was initiated as a member of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity (Alpaha Eta Chapter). He graduated from Florida with bachelor's degree in 1970, and was later inducted into the University of Florida Athletic Hall of Fame as a "Gator Great."
The Cincinnati Bengals selected Dennis in the fifth round (109th pick overall) of the 1969 NFL Draft. He played professional football as a center, offensive guard and offensive tackle for four seasons for the Bengals (1969–1972) and three seasons for the Detroit Lions (1973–1975), In his seven-year NFL career, Dennis played eighty-nine games and started thirteen of them.
- 1968 College Football All-America Team
- Florida Gators football, 1960–69
- History of the Cincinnati Bengals
- List of Detroit Lions players
- List of Florida Gators football All-Americans
- List of Florida Gators football players in the NFL
- List of Pi Kappa Alpha brothers
- List of University of Florida alumni
- Pro-Football-Reference.com, Players, Guy Dennis. Retrieved July 2, 2010.
- databaseFootball.com, Players, Guy Dennis. Retrieved June 2, 2010.
- 2011 Florida Gators Football Media Guide, University Athletic Association, Gainesville, Florida, pp. 87, 91, 96, 103, 124, 181 (2011). Retrieved August 28, 2011.
- F Club, Hall of Fame, Gator Greats. Retrieved December 14, 2014.
- Pro Football Hall of Fame, Draft History, 1969 National Football League/American Football League Draft. Retrieved June 2, 2010.
- National Football League, Historical Players, Guy Dennis. Retrieved May 20, 2010.
- Carlson, Norm, University of Florida Football Vault: The History of the Florida Gators, Whitman Publishing, LLC, Atlanta, Georgia (2007). ISBN 0-7948-2298-3.
- Golenbock, Peter, Go Gators! An Oral History of Florida's Pursuit of Gridiron Glory, Legends Publishing, LLC, St. Petersburg, Florida (2002). ISBN 0-9650782-1-3.
- Hairston, Jack, Tales from the Gator Swamp: A Collection of the Greatest Gator Stories Ever Told, Sports Publishing, LLC, Champaign, Illinois (2002). ISBN 1-58261-514-4.
- McCarthy, Kevin M., Fightin' Gators: A History of University of Florida Football, Arcadia Publishing, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina (2000). ISBN 978-0-7385-0559-6.
- McEwen, Tom, The Gators: A Story of Florida Football, The Strode Publishers, Huntsville, Alabama (1974). ISBN 0-87397-025-X.
- Nash, Noel, ed., The Gainesville Sun Presents The Greatest Moments in Florida Gators Football, Sports Publishing, Inc., Champaign, Illinois (1998). ISBN 1-57167-196-X.