HGTV Design Star (season 6)
The sixth season of the American reality television competition series HGTV Design Star premiered July 11, 2011. The two major additions to the show were Tanika Ray as host, and David Bromstad as mentor.
- Meg Caswell, 33, Chicago, Illinois -- Winner
- Karl Sponholtz, 42, Chicago, Illinois -- Runner-Up
- Mark Diaz, 33, Miami, Florida -- Third Place
- Kellie Clements, 33, Edmond, Oklahoma -- Fan Favorite
- Kevin Grace, 42, Chicago, Illinois
- Leslie Ezelle, 43, Dallas, Texas
- Cathy Hobbs, 42, Brooklyn, New York
- Tyler Wisler, 35, Orange, New Jersey
- Bret Ritter, 30, Brooklyn, New York
- Doug Hines, 44, Atlanta, Georgia
- J Allen, 31, Chevy Chase, Maryland
- Blanche Garcia, 32, Montclair, New Jersey
|1||Meg||IN||LOW||IN||WIN||IN||IN||LOW||WIN||IN||WINNER||Winner of Design Star Season 6|
|2||Karl||WIN||IN||HIGH||HIGH||IN||LOW||WIN||LOW||IN||RUNNER-UP||Runner-up of Design Star Season 6|
|3||Mark||LOW||WIN||LOW||HIGH||HIGH||WIN||HIGH||LOW||OUT||Elimin: Tiny Houses|
|4||Kellie||HIGH||IN||HIGH||IN||WIN||IN||LOW||OUT||Elimin: The Look For Less|
|7||Cathy||HIGH||LOW||IN||LOW||WIN||OUT||Elimin: Wedding Reception|
|8||Tyler||IN||HIGH||IN||IN||OUT||Elimin: Dream Kitchen|
|9||Bret||LOW||IN||LOW||OUT||Elimin: Bed & Breakfast|
|10||Doug||IN||IN||OUT||Elimin: Old Room, New Life|
|11||J||IN||OUT||Elimin: White Box Challenge|
|12||Blanche||OUT||Elimin: Make Over Your Living Space|
- (WINNER) The designer won the competition.
- (RUNNER-UP) The designer received second place.
- (WIN) The designer was selected as the winner of the episode's Elimination Challenge.
- (WIN) The designer was selected as the winner of the episode's Camera Challenge.
- (HIGH) The designer was selected as one of the top entries in the Elimination Challenge, but did not win.
- (IN) The designer was not selected as either top entry or bottom entry in the Elimination Challenge, and advanced to the next challenge.
- (LOW) The designer was selected as one of the bottom entries in the Elimination Challenge, but was not deemed the worst of the designers who advanced in that particular week.
- (LOW) The designer was selected as one of the bottom entries in the Elimination Challenge, and was deemed the worst of the designers who advanced in that particular week.
- (OUT) The designer was eliminated from the competition.
Make Over Your Living Space
The designers get into 6 teams of two and design bedrooms, a great room, and a bonus room.
- First Aired: July 11, 2011
- ELIMINATED: Blanche
White Box Challenge
The eleven remaining designers design white rooms.
- First Aired: July 18, 2011
- ELIMINATED: J
Old Room, New Life
The ten remaining designers design rooms in their first homeowner challenge.
- First Aired: July 25, 2011
- ELIMINATED: Doug
Bed & Breakfast
The nine remaining designers design rooms at a home.
- First Aired: August 1, 2011
- ELIMINATED: Bret
The eight remaining designers design dream kitchens.
- First Aired: August 8, 2011
- ELIMINATED: Tyler
The seven remaining designers design a wedding reception.
- First Aired: August 15, 2011
- ELIMINATED: Cathy
- First Aired: August 22, 2011
It's Design Star meets HGTV'd as the designers help an HGTV fan and her family revitalize their home. The finalists, who will surprise the family with the ultimate multiple-room makeover, will each be responsible for a different room in the home. This week's hosting challenge requires that each finalist show how proficient they are showcasing a great on-camera reveal of their rooms to the homeowners. 
- GUEST JUDGE: John Gidding
- ELIMINATED: Leslie, Kevin
Look For Less
The four remaining designers design rooms with a budget of $2,500
- First Aired: August 29, 2011
- ELIMINATED: Kellie
The three remaining designers must transform an 86 sq. ft. house into a home with a kitchen, bathroom, living area, bedroom, and dining area.
- First Aired: September 5, 2011
- ELIMINATED: Mark
The Next Design Star Is?
The two finalists must each redesign a room in a Harlem brownstone while shooting a pilot episode for their proposed HGTV series.
- First Aired: September 12, 2011
- ELIMINATED (RUNNER-UP): Karl
- Winner: Meg Caswell
- Bowen, Chelsey (May 19, 2011). "Design Star Season 6 Premieres July 11". HGTV.com.