Hammer City Roller Girls
|Metro area||Hamilton, Ontario|
|Teams||Eh! (A team)
Harlots (B team)
|Venue||Dave Andreychuk Arena
J. L. Grightmire Arena
The league was founded in January 2006, and played its first bout in July, attracting almost 1,000 fans to what was described as "the region's first roller derby in decades". In 2009, Hammer City became one of the first two Canadian leagues accepted into the Women's Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA).
When the league was first formed, there were three home teams: The Death Row Dames, The Hamilton Harlots and The Steeltown Tank Girls. In early 2011 Hammer City reorganized the league structure, keeping the Harlots as a secondary travel team to the charter Eh! Team, which competes in the WFTDA North Central Region. In 2007, the Harlots were the very first winner's of the Beast of The East invitational tournament hosted by Montreal Roller Derby.
- Leblanc, Denis (9 May 2008). "Women’s roller derby ready to rock the city". Hamilton Scores. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- "Get the painkillers, roller derby's back", The Hamilton Spectator, 24 July 2006
- "WFTDA Announces International Expansion", WFTDA, 6 November 2009
- "Hammer City Roller Girls". WFTDA. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- "Beast of the East". Montreal Roller Derby. Retrieved 6 February 2012.
- "Current Rankings", WFTDA