Hang On (Weezer song)
|Single by Weezer|
|from the album Hurley|
|Released||February 15, 2011|
|Genre||Alternative rock, power pop, post-punk revival|
|Weezer singles chronology|
"Hang On" is a song by the band Weezer. It is the seventh track and second single from their 2010 album Hurley. The album version of "Hang On" is co-written by Rick Nowels and features Canadian actor Michael Cera on backing vocals and pseudo-mandolin. while the single version features no mandolin and is stated to have a "more classic Weezer sound".
Alternative Press calls the song one of the best off of Hurley, along with the song "Run Away", praising its uniqueness and commenting "sounding as musically lively and lyrically honest as any cut off Pinkerton". Rolling Stone regards the song as "power-ballad heaven".
- "Hang On" - 3:33
- Rivers Cuomo – lead guitar, lead vocals
- Patrick Wilson – percussion
- Brian Bell – rhythm guitar, backing vocals
- Scott Shriner – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Michael Cera - backing vocals, mandolin
- Tony Berg - hurdy gurdy
- Heisel, Scott. "Alt Press: Weezer - Hurley". Alt Press. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- Welch, Austin. "Weezer – “Hang On” single mix".
- "Hang On" (2010-09-14). "Alternative Press | Reviews | Weezer - Hurley". Altpress.com. Retrieved 2011-11-20.
- Jon Dolan (2010-09-14). "Hurley | Album Reviews". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 2011-11-20.