|— Alpine ski racer —|
|Disciplines||Moguls, Dual Moguls|
|Club||Waterville Valley BBTS|
February 26, 1986 |
Hanover, New Hampshire
|World Cup debut||January 11, 2003|
|Medals||1 (1 gold)|
|Medals||4 (1 gold)|
Born in Hanover, New Hampshire, Kearney grew up and still lives in Norwich, Vermont. She is the daughter of Tom and Jill Kearney, who met while attending McGill University in Montreal, Quebec. Kearney graduated from Hanover High School. Her mother is active in promoting youth sports as the director of the Town of Norwich Recreation Department. Kearney is currently studying at Dartmouth College as a member of the class of 2015.
In her free time, Kearney likes to ride horses, to knit, play soccer, read and watch her brother Denny play hockey. She considers herself "half-Canadian" because her mother grew up in Montreal and she has relatives living in Vancouver and Montreal.
2006 Winter Olympics
A gold medal favorite entering her first Olympics, Kearney had a poor first run and did not make it out of the qualification round. She stumbled after landing her first jump. Her score of 20.80 points put her in 10th at that point, with 20 skiers left to compete. After the second-to-last skier, she was officially bumped out of the top 20, the ranking she would have needed to advance to the final.
2010 Winter Olympics
At the 2010 Winter Olympics, Kearney entered the final round with a qualification score of 25.96. As a result of having the best qualifying score, Kearney would be the last skier to ski in the final round. Fellow teammate Shannon Bahrke was in second place, and Canadian Jennifer Heil was in first, with scores of 25.43 and 25.69 respectively. Kearney skied a clean run, earning a score of 26.63 and winning the gold medal. 
World Cup Results
6 titles (2 overall freestyle, 4 moguls)
- "Day 1: Ohno, Kearney win; slower luge track debuts". The Associated Press. February 13, 2010. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- Town of Norwich, Vermont Recreation Department website
- Barry, Dan (February 27, 2010), "For a Moment of Glory, Mastering a Million Details", New York Times: 17, retrieved March 5, 2010
- US Ski Team bio, http://www.usskiteam.com/freestyle/athletes/athlete?athleteId=1063
- "Kearney, Bahrke of U.S. medal in moguls". The Associated Press. February 14, 2010. Retrieved February 14, 2010.
- "Deneen, Kearney Take Oly Trial Wins". United States Ski and Snowboard Association. December 23, 2009. Retrieved 18 January 2010.
- NBCOlympics.com (2010-02-13). "Freestyle Skiing > Women's Moguls > Qualification". Retrieved 2010-02-14.
- McGrath, Charles (February 14, 2010). "American Wins Gold in Women’s Moguls". New York Times. Retrieved March 5, 2010.
- Hannah's Bio on the U.S. Ski Team Website
- Hannah Kearney at the International Ski Federation
- Vancouver Olympic Games profile: Hannah Kearney
- AP Winter Games Profile: Hannah Kearney
- Kearney strikes gold for US in women's moguls