|Education||B.Sc. in Fermentation Science, 1980|
|Alma mater||University of California, Davis|
Heidi Peterson Barrett is a winemaker who has been responsible for some of California's most notable cult wines, including Screaming Eagle, Dalla Valle Vineyards, Paradigm Winery, Grace Family Vineyards, Amuse Bouche, Lamborn Family Vineyards, Showket Vineyards and Fantesca, is a consultant for Diamond Creek Vineyards and Niebaum-Coppola, and has her own wine label, La Sirena.
She is the daughter of California wine pioneer Richard Peterson, and is married to Bo Barrett, winemaker at Chateau Montelena of "Judgment of Paris" (Note: Mike Grgich was the actual winemaker of the 1974 Chateau Montelena Chardonnay that won the famed Paris tasting), which was recently the subject of the motion picture Bottle Shock. Robert Parker has on several occasions awarded her wines 100 points and called her "the first lady of wine".
She graduated from UC Davis in 1980 with a B.Sc. in Fermentation Science. Having experienced internships in both the German and Australian wine industries, Barrett became head winemaker for Buehler Vineyards in 1983 at age 25. Following the 1992 vintage of Screaming Eagle, Barrett became a "winemaking star".
- Heidi Barrett bio lasirenawine.com
- "Winemaker Profile". Retrieved 26 June 2011.
- Laube, James, Wine Spectator (October 9, 2003). "Merlot for Your Amusement".
- Franson, Paul, Vines & Wines (October 2007). "Winemaker Interview: Heidi Peterson Barret".
- amusebouchewine.com Heidi Barrett bio
- Calwineries. "Heidi Peterson Barrett".
- Laube, James and Sogg, Daniel, Wine Spectator (March 21, 2006). "Screaming Eagle Sold".
|This wine-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|