7 August 1990 |
Bury, Greater Manchester, England, UK
|Occupation||Actress, model, television personality|
|Television||Coronation Street (2000–2012)
I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! (2012)
Celebrity Super Spa (2013)
|Partner(s)||Scott Sinclair (2009–)|
Helen Joyce Gabriel Flanagan (born 7 August 1990) is an English actress, model, and television personality. She is best known for playing the role of Rosie Webster in the ITV soap opera Coronation Street from 2000 to 2012. She was voted the most attractive British candidate in the 2013 FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World poll.
Flanagan first appeared as Rosie Webster in Coronation Street in January 2000. In 2006, she was nominated for the award of "Best Dramatic Performance from a Young Actor or Actress" at the British Soap Awards, losing to Ellis Hollins of Hollyoaks. In 2007, she was nominated for "Villain of the Year" at the same awards, this time losing to Coronation Street co-star Jack P. Shepherd. In October 2011, Flanagan announced that she would leave Coronation Street in February 2012 to pursue other interests.
In 2010, Flanagan appeared in Coronation Street spin-off Coronation Street: A Knights Tale as her character Rosie Webster. Then in 2011, she had her own Coronation Street spin-off Just Rosie, which explored her character Rosie Webster trying to build a modelling career in London.
Flanagan has previously dated Manchester City F.C. and former Wigan Athletic F.C. and Swansea City A.F.C. player Scott Sinclair, with whom she continues to live. In December 2012, she spoke of her battle with depression and anxiety, and stated that she had been prescribed medication for ADHD and bipolar disorder.
In June 2013, Flanagan and Sinclair's house in Prestbury, Cheshire was burgled. Flanagan was at home on the night of the incident; the thieves escaped with a mobile phone and items of jewellery. She was reported by her spokesman to be "naturally very shaken" but "unharmed".
|2000–2012||Coronation Street||Rosie Webster||893 episodes|
|2006–2007||Soapstar Superstar||Herself||4 episodes|
|2009||All Star Family Fortunes||Herself||Special|
|2010||Coronation Street: A Knights Tale||Rosie Webster||Coronation Street spin-off|
|2011||Just Rosie||Rosie Webster||Coronation Street spin-off, transmitted on ITV2|
|2012||I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!||Herself||7th place|
|2013||"Gorgeous Baby"||Music video by The Neo-Kalashnikovs|
|2013, 2014||Big Brother's Bit On The Side||Herself||Panelist, 2 episodes|
|2013||Celebrity Super Spa||Herself||Series 1, 6 episodes|
|2013||Celebrity Juice||Herself||Guest, 4 episodes|
|2013||8 out of 10 Cats||Herself||1 episode|
|2013||I Love My Country||Herself||Guest panelist|
|2013||Tricked||Herself||Series 1, episode 4|
|2013||The 50 Funniest Moments of 2013||Herself||Documentary|
|2014||Celebrity Wedding Planner||Herself||1 episode|
|2014||Virtually Famous||Herself||1 episode|
|2014||Holby City||Kirsty Brompton||1 episode|
|2014||Keep it in the Family||Kirsty Brompton||1 episode|
|2014||The Other Side of Love|
|Mouse And Cat||Short film||Sophia|
|The Runaway||Short film|
- "Rosie Webster – Helen Flanagan". ITV.com. Archived from the original on 6 November 2012. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "New Rosie Webster for Corrie". BBC News Online. 9 January 2000. Retrieved 5 January 2013.
- "Burglars raid home of former Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan". Lancashire Telegraph (Blackburn: Newsquest). 18 June 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- "Celebrity Super Spa Profile". Channel 5 Broadcasting. 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Coronation Street Star Helen Flanagan Quits ITV Soap". BBC News. 17 October 2011. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Andrea Magrath (17 October 2011). "Farewell Rosie! Helen Flanagan to film her final episodes of Coronation Street at Christmas". London: Mail Online. Retrieved 21 February 2012.
- "Flanagan to Pursue More Reality Offers". RTÉ Commercial Enterprises. 26 May 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- Cole, Tom (8 March 2013). "Helen Flanagan Becomes a Celebrity Wedding Planner". Radio Times (Immediate Media Company). Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- Kilkelly, Daniel (2 May 2014). "Holby City role for ex-Coronation Street star Helen Flanagan". Digital Spy (Hearst Magazines UK). Retrieved 2 May 2014.
- "Hello Boys...Flanagan Poses in Shower for First Topless Shoot". The Sun, 10 September 2013.
- "Helen Flanagan Topless in First 'Page 3' Shoot for The Sun". Huffington Post, 10 September 2013.
- Sperling, Daniel (18 July 2013). "Helen Flanagan Unveils 'Gorgeous Baby' Music Video". Digital Spy (Hearst Magazines UK). Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "'I'm supposed to look this way': Helen Flanagan shows off her black eyes as she resumes filming new movie". Mail Online (London). 3 August 2013. Retrieved 12 October 2013.
- "Helen Flanagan is Enjoying the Single Life". STV. 14 October 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "'It spiraled out of control': Helen Flanagan opens up about her secret depression and how she contemplated suicide while at Corrie". London: Mail Online. 2 December 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Helen Flanagan shows off her burgeoning baby bump in tiny turquoise bikini as she is spotted for the first time since pregnancy announcement". Daily Mail. 23 December 2014. Retrieved 23 December 2014.
- "Pregnant Helen Flanagan nails maternity chic in figure-hugging dress with her growing baby bump selfie". evoke.ie. 4 February 2015.
IMDBwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
Cite error: The named reference
- Percival, Ashley (26 July 2013). "Helen Flanagan Returns to Acting Following Music Video on Set of Mouse And Cat". Huffington Post UK. Retrieved 7 October 2013.
- "Helen Flanagan to Appear in 'Gritty' Movie Role". STV. 5 April 2013. Retrieved 7 October 2013.