Helen Greiner (born December 6, 1967) is a co-founder of iRobot and currently CEO of CyPhyWorks. She is a Trustee of the Museum of Science (Boston); on the Computer Science Advisory Board of Worcester Polytechnic Institute; and a Director of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA).
Education and career
In 1990, along with Rodney Brooks and Colin Angle, Greiner co-founded iRobot, a robotics company headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts. The company delivers robots into the industrial, consumer and military markets. She was one of three people to design the first version of the iRobot Roomba.
On October 22, 2008, Greiner announced her resignation as Chairman of the Board of iRobot. She was replaced by CEO Colin Angle, who stated: “Helen will continue to serve on iRobot’s board of directors as a non-employee director while pursuing other interests and opportunities within the robot industry.” She is currently CEO of CyPhyWorks. She also serves on Open Source Robotics Foundation (OSRF).
Awards and recognition
In 2006, she received the Pioneer Award from the Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International(AUVSI).
She received the 2008 Anita Borg Institute Women of Vision Award for Innovation for her work at iRobot. She has also been honored as one of Technology Review Magazine's TR100 "Innovators for the Next Century."
She has received the DEMO God Award at the DEMO Conference.
She was named by the Kennedy School at Harvard in conjunction with the U.S. News & World Report as one of "America's Best Leaders."
- "General Catalyst Partners page on Helen Greiner". Nov. 5, 2010.
- "Board of Directors, OSRF". Jan. 28, 2013.
- "Good Housekeeping Announces the Winner of 11th Annual Good Buy Awards". Dec. 1, 2005.
- "Unmanned Systems Industry Members Receive Prestigious Awards". Hydro International. 13 September 2006. Retrieved 27 June 2011.
- "Women of Vision awards presented at Anita Borg Institute banquet". Diversity/Careers. Diversity/Careers. August/September 2008. Retrieved 29 June 2011.
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|